VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,433 Posts
Re: Terk XM Commander? (Sam1.8T)

I have it, but took it out because I decided to go all out and do a full system again. The quailty was OK but I had it FM mod, I would def look into intergrating into the cd changer hook up, sound quality would be much better that way. I'll sell u mine if you want, make me an offer, I used it for less than a month.

Modified by darb215 at 1:31 PM 1-16-2004

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Terk XM Commander? (darb215)

Thanks for the responses guys! darb215, would you consider, say, $120 for it shipped? I am thinking about installing it insuide a spare DIN opening that I have, together with the tuner module behind it. Do you think the tuner would fit into the DIN cavity space?

· Registered
259 Posts
It'd be cool if someone could come up with a faceplate that would cover the pocket above the radio, but do so without taking the entire pocket out. I'm looking at getting this, getting a blank DIN panel and creating myself an opening to mount it in, but I'm not sure I want to get rid of that pocket...I kinda like having it there.

· Registered
4,773 Posts
Re: (Smokin_Joe)

Quote, originally posted by Smokin_Joe »
My friend has it & the FM mod & he hates the fact it cannot be amplified...he has to turn his radio full blast to get any decent volume out of it...it's a Bose System too!..
I wouldn't recommend it...
just me
Joe

your genius friend obviously didn't know how to turn up the output signal on this. it is adjustable if ya didn't know. i sell these all day long, they work great and we have had no probs with the FM Mods. they do sound nicer when using the RCA outs to go to an AUX in on a deck. Alpine had a similar piece a few months ago, but quit making it, but it was way more expensive and didn't come with an antenna. i put one in my father's new vette. i wish i would've waited for this piece instead, it looks a little nicer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.