VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7461 - 7480 of 7533 Posts

·
Registered
45,343 Posts
Also new range, faster, and 18" aeros which I just noticed. Thats a solid package for $47k
Is there a website that shows the price history of all the Tesla vehicles over time? Including that was included and options?

·
Registered
45,343 Posts

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,103 Posts
Wow that's excellent data! Really quite amazing at how often prices fluctuate either up or down in a given year. Since Tesla doesn't do typical manufacturer promos like Memorial Day sales I guess this is their way of keeping buyers engaged?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I'd love to see the performance package come down in price but that's unlikely to happen.

The LR is the sweet spot of the range right now.
For another $2k, the acceleration boost brings you down to 3.7 seconds to 60. So essentially $49k for that. But hey, maybe Tesla will release another batch for "sleeper performance" cars. Essentially the LR AWD with performance power and track mode. No Perfomance wheels, brakes, or spoiler but you save $5,000. I picked one up in July 2019 and totally worth it.

·
Registered
45,343 Posts
I'd love to see the performance package come down in price but that's unlikely to happen.

The LR is the sweet spot of the range right now.
If you mean come down from today's price, maybe not. But the Model 3 Performance has dropped in price from a base of $69k at introduction down to $55k today. Of course, when introduced the Model 3 had a potential $7500 tax credit, which it no longer has today. So the effective price cut for individuals who were able to use the tax credit is only $6500.

Source for this is the google doc I linked above.

·
Registered
Bluestar, NA, V227
15,303 Posts
Just saw the specs for the update. That is about $2k cheaper than what I paid for my 3 LR AWD.

Also acceleration boost 0-60 time dropped slightly. Checked my app and even my car gets that time. Don't know if that's an error or all AB equipped cars get a slight upgrade.

Anyway, I made my final car payment this morning which is nice

·
Registered
12,550 Posts
The new updates are great. It's hard to fault the Model 3 and Model Y these days. My fiancé isn't repulsed by the interior design like I am, so who knows we may be joining the hoardes of other Seattlites driving a Tesla soon.

·
Registered
B8 S4, E30 vert
1,122 Posts
Was hoping to see a bit more range and power from the SR RWD.

But the LR AWD + Accel Boost is really hard to argue with, now more than ever.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
But the LR AWD + Accel Boost is really hard to argue with, now more than ever.
Even without Accel Boost, this is more Audi S4 territory. Tesla has essentially put everyone who wanted AWD in an S4 including folks who could care less about S4 type of speed. Now if they could trade batteries for interior consulting.....

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Just saw the specs for the update. That is about $2k cheaper than what I paid for my 3 LR AWD.

Also acceleration boost 0-60 time dropped slightly. Checked my app and even my car gets that time. Don't know if that's an error or all AB equipped cars get a slight upgrade.

Anyway, I made my final car payment this morning which is nice
Can we get a review now that you've had it awhile?

·
Registered
B8 S4, E30 vert
1,122 Posts
Even without Accel Boost, this is more Audi S4 territory. Tesla has essentially put everyone who wanted AWD in an S4 including folks who could care less about S4 type of speed. Now if they could trade batteries for interior consulting.....

From driving one and owning the other, I have no doubts that the standard LR AWD is faster than an S4, even the new hot-V turbo + ZF8 model.

My S4 is the supercharged V6, 6MT, and it’s tuned. So while it definitely rips, the dual motor Tesla’s acceleration is just plain unrelenting. I actually made myself ill driving one a few months ago, in a way I simply can not in my Audi.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
For another $2k, the acceleration boost brings you down to 3.7 seconds to 60. So essentially $49k for that. But hey, maybe Tesla will release another batch for "sleeper performance" cars. Essentially the LR AWD with performance power and track mode. No Perfomance wheels, brakes, or spoiler but you save $5,000. I picked one up in July 2019 and totally worth it.
Hmm, for a little while in say Q2 of this year, you could order the Performance without the spoiler, lowered suspension or 20's just via the website. But it was the same price. So yeah, probably off-menu would be how you'd get it now.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Solid package for sure. More power, more range, AWD, all for $3k cheaper than our LR RWD 3. :thumbup:

I still think they need to come up with an instrument panel for in front of the driver. I've stopped panicking when i look down at night and see *nothing*, but it took awhile :laugh:

It's not "hard" to look over. I just want more real estate.

·
Registered
16,190 Posts
So what’s the difference between the or wad and the performance model now? I mean big brakes and a spoiler can be retrofitted. Can you get it with track mode?

·
Registered
B8 S4, E30 vert
1,122 Posts
Track Mode is only for Performance. I do not believe you can enable it via download on the LR AWD, but you can get the Accel Boost.

For street driving, Track Mode is superfluous, but for track driving, the Performance brakes and suspension aren’t up to par.

It’s a strange position to be in. But honestly the best move if you actually anticipate track driving is probably to buy a Performance model, sell the wheels/brakes/suspension to an LR owner, and replace with higher capacity/better performing equipment. If you’ll never take it to the track, just get the LR with the 19s, put on some PS4S, and download Accel Boost.

7461 - 7480 of 7533 Posts