VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Benchmarking against the Leaf, I see! :p

It's got the wheels on the wrong way. Oops. And you're right that the rear doors don't look like they fit perfectly on this prototype, the same could be said for the others we've seen. That's just a normal prototype fault, though. Well, hopefully.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts
Benchmarking against the Leaf, I see! :p

It's got the wheels on the wrong way. Oops. And you're right that the rear doors don't look like they fit perfectly on this prototype, the same could be said for the others we've seen. That's just a normal prototype fault, though. Well, hopefully.
How are the wheels on wrong?

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
How are the wheels on wrong?
They should be pointing the other direction

Except now that I'm looking at photos, they point in the opposite direction on each side of the car. That's annoying.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts
They should be pointing the other direction

Except now that I'm looking at photos, they point in the opposite direction on each side of the car. That's annoying.
I figured they would be designed to pull air in over the hubs but I guess they have just one design so it looks backwards on one side.

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
I figured they would be designed to pull air in over the hubs but I guess they have just one design so it looks backwards on one side.
Yup, that seems to be the case. But wait, then the wheels are still pointing the other way on that Model X than they do on the Model S...

The Model X's wheels do look huge though, so maybe they're just a new wheel with a similar design to the existing ones.

Only I would be going crazy over this kind of thing :laugh:

·
Banned
26,117 Posts
Just spotted on, maybe same one, not far from Tesla HQ. As it drove by my first thought was "what is THAaaaa.... Ohhhh no". Its not going to sell based on looks, I'll say that. At least from what I saw.

·
Banned
26,117 Posts
That thing is at least massive and can tow, not that a lot of towing probably occurs with it. I think they will sell a bunch, its just unfortunate I'm going to have to look at scores of them soon.

·
Banned
26,117 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
\via Car
Originally set for a late 2013 arrival, Tesla's new SUV - the Model X - has encountered a number of glitches in its gestation. The late 2013 arrival date was pushed back a year to 2014, and then further delays meant that we should now expect the SUV to arrive sometime in September 2015.

We say 'should' because Tesla has announced yet more troubles with the Model X production, this time what boss Elon Musk called an 'artsy' design for the middle seat in the second row.

Delayed Model X causes Tesla’s sales target to take a hit

Musk, chief executive at Tesla, said in a conference call to investors this week: ‘The Model X is a particularly challenging car to build, maybe the hardest car to build in the world.' A bold statement, but rather fitting considering the number of glitches in its production.

Unfortunately for Tesla, the good news we reported last month regarding its promising sales projection for the remainder of 2015, has taken a hit. Model X delays are threatening the production of Model S builds, causing Musk to lower the annual target from 55,000 to somewhere between 50k and 55,000.

Despite setbacks, Musk is confident that the Model X will take the market by storm, saying ‘I think it will blow people away’. Let’s hope for no more glitches so we can decide on that statement sooner rather than later.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.