VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

test pipe anyone?

1081 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Jefnes3
just wondering if anyone is running a test pipe? if so do you feel any gains? how does it sound? what size piping? throw any codes with obdII cars?
later..
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Re: test pipe anyone? (ToqureinTuner)

ive got one, i got it custom made for 25.
it made the tone change, no light..well i cant tell..lol, my lights on for my 2ndary air pump, but all the 2nd one does is check that the cat is working.
i did feel a difference also.
Re: test pipe anyone? (ToqureinTuner)

Stupid question: What is a test pipe?
See less See more
Re: test pipe anyone? (Joe GTI VR6)

I hope you guys aren't running a Test Pipe on daily driven cars, because you'd have to be a real d!ck to pollute the environment all that much more because you need 1hp more.
Re: test pipe anyone? (Goobery69)

Aww and I guess my bypassed EGR and Crankcase breather arent tree friendly either ?? Actually I'm gonna put the cat back in because i prefer the sound of it to the test pipe. I have the DVS pipe which arguably sounds good, gives a nice hp gain, and is a cake install.
Re: test pipe anyone? (BadAssCorrado)

Test pipe will help in a couple different situations. One being on older mileage cars, the cat will not be as efficient. which was the case of my car, gave more gains than it normally would. We couldnt see through my cat when held up to the light. Two you will get more power depending on your mods. Scott has found that you get good gain w/ just having a couple of boltons w/ a chip. But the more and more mods you have, the more that test pipe will be worth, in a matter of speaking of power. My gains where felt through out the rev range, i thnk most people will feel it on top end. And gives an awesome note the the Vr6 . Uhmm this pipe is and only was used for offroad purposes.
later
Brian

HAHA! Pollute the environment he said..HAHA!
Oh damn i better go take my test pipe off right now, since you put it like that.
See less See more

quote:[HR][/HR]I hope you guys aren't running a Test Pipe on daily driven cars, because you'd have to be a real d!ck to pollute the environment all that much more because you need 1hp more.[HR][/HR]​
you wanna bust balls of people not using cats, go to the domestic camp alot of those guys dont run cats and those 4.6+ liter v8's are putting alot more pollution in the air then our 2.0 or 2.8 engines.. what about all the damn suv's on the road, im sure even with a cat those things pollute more than dubs..
later..

You will still pass the 'sniff' test with a test pipe.
Not a visual, do you have a 'cat' inspection.
But a mild VR6 will pass emmisions with a test pipe.
Mild = simple bolt-ons and 'common' or stock chip.
Relax man,
Jeffrey Atwood
quote:[HR][/HR]I hope you guys aren't running a Test Pipe on daily driven cars, because you'd have to be a real d!ck to pollute the environment all that much more because you need 1hp more.[HR][/HR]​
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.