VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
14" of fresh snow in front of my house, roughly 5 feet at the local resorts!
Oh yeah, I saw a lady rear end a toyota Tacoma last night. THere. Car Lounge qualified!
Can't wait to strap on the boards!!!!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Thank you Mother Nature! (lip)

quote:[HR][/HR]Dude does Alta have a decent base? What's Delta's phone # again.......[HR][/HR]​
Alta will have a pretty good base once the H2O in this batch settles. They are expecting another heavy hit on Thursday! I think it will merit getting out the 80mm floaters!
I watched a Z-28 SS try to impress the high school girls accross the street at lunch too. What a loooser snow car. Once again, this post is car lounge qualified!

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
Re: Thank you Mother Nature! (sleddog)

I got about a foot at my house....lol
I think Alta got 6ft in the last couple of days (someone said something about it this morning, but I don't ski, but it'll be nice for our water table next summer)
I had to drive in that storm lastnight...talk about alot of idiots....it's a wonder we only had like 60 some accidents before nightfall....
Man I wish I had a passat syncro now...lol damn you canucks!!!!

·
Registered
8,077 Posts

Nice sounds good. Yeah the road up the canyon is pretty nasty in a storm,. I have seen many a bus spin out there.
I wouldn't want to be there in an Avalanche, driving that is. (car lounge qualifier)
I can't wait. I hope I can get to Utah this year! The Olympics might make that difficult.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Thank you Mother Nature! (lip)

quote:[HR][/HR]
I can't wait. I hope I can get to Utah this year! The Olympics might make that difficult.[HR][/HR]​
You couldn't be more wrong! General ski related tourism is supposed to be waaay down, because of the Olympics. Most area resorts aren't expecting large crowds at all.
Driving downtown will be a big pain however, especially getting to my office (located just outside the Olympic pedestrian only zone). [carlounge
]

·
Registered
10,666 Posts

woo hooo! looks to be a good boarding season this year. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

and to keep it car lounged related, I'll be able to drive to the snow in the Xterra without a problem
(hehe..the other reason i got it 'sides for work- getting me to and from the mtn's with my bikes/boards )

[Modified by Gary C, 5:48 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
Re: Thank you Mother Nature! (Gary C)

Well I think it's finally done for a few days....lol
Lake effect...i hear that SLC is like only 1 out of a few places thayt get lake effect snow storms....
To keep it car related I think I broke part of the front of my passat because of plowing through snow....and so far so good on running on summer tires that are slightly bald...hehehehe....all those wussies that have to run snow tires/studded...which is another thing....people around here run studded tires during the dry season (i've seen them all the way into june or july)....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Thank you Mother Nature! (VR6Stress)

I had my first real good oil-pan-puncture fear last night. Most of the horror stories seem to be ice/snow chunk related, so I've been on guard since Saturday. I gave my dad a ride home yesterday, and made hime walk through the "plow leavins" in his driveway, rather than take a chance at puncturing the pan.
:::time to think about that skid plate again:::

·
Registered
8,718 Posts

I haven't worried about my pan, my issue was i had my lower lip zip tied to a piece to hold it, well it looks like the zip ties were to strong and ripped out the part it was zip tied too. Once this weather clears (or the ground really) I'll be able to get under there and see the real damage....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.