VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last July I bought my 2011 CW GTI. I had just started looking for a used GTI and noticed one at the Toyota dealer just down the street from my house. It was listed at 25k and only had 6,000 miles and the Sun/Nav package (which were going for 28k+new at the VW Dealer at the time). So, I swung over there for a test drive one night (since it was only 2 minutes away) and when I opened the engine bay, noticed that it had the APR Stage 1 & 2 intake already installed! I thought that already sweetened the deal and I ended up buying the car for 23k flat.

Fast forward to the current APR Summer Sale...

I head over to New German Performance in Lorton, VA to get my Stage 1 tune and lo and behold the previous owner had done that too! Having not test driven any other GTIs I didn't know that mine wasn't stock...

It kinda sucked that I had to end up paying 250 bucks to get this info and the APR Warranty switched over to my name, but now I have a bunch of money to put towards my DP and then it's back over to NGP for Stage 2!

So a big thanks to whoever you are who put all that money into your car and then (I assume) traded it to a Toyota dealer who had no idea what they had. :laugh:

Also, thanks to Benji, John, and Sal at NGP who were cool about answering all my questions and walked me through the program switching.

Obligatory car pics (I did the badges after I bought it):

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Wait, you paid $250?? For what? If they were smart, all they have to do is hook their laptop up to the car, and it would instantly tell them if APR software was already installed. Wherever you took it is either not very good, or rip off artists....

Aside from that, awesome pick up! it's nice to get $1,100 worth of fun freebies :thumbup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait, you paid $250?? For what? If they were smart, all they have to do is hook their laptop up to the car, and it would instantly tell them if APR software was already installed. Wherever you took it is either not very good, or rip off artists....

Aside from that, awesome pick up! it's nice to get $1,100 worth of fun freebies :thumbup:
Well, APR charges 150 for the warranty switch. NGP charges ~100 in labor to physically remove the ECU, I guess we just didn't think about checking first :(

But, yeah, it was definitely a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're going to regret doing that front VW badge paint treatment in a couple months.
I love it actually and have had it for about 9-10 months.

I didn't like all the chrome badging all over the car, so I removed it. I love the two toned front badge as I like that it matches the rest of the OEM grill and keeps with the Red/Black/White theme.

Why do you think would I regret it?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I love it actually and have had it for about 9-10 months.

I didn't like all the chrome badging all over the car, so I removed it. I love the two toned front badge as I like that it matches the rest of the OEM grill and keeps with the Red/Black/White theme.

Why do you think would I regret it?
It just reminds me of something I would have done to my '95 Passat when I was 16-17 years old.

"I don't have enough money for coilovers, but I can go to Wal-Mart and spray paint something on my car"

Some things are better left alone, IMO.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Great deal :thumbup: I don't want to bring you down but my clutch didn't last long after going stg.2 once I went K04 well.... It seems to slip a little more every day. I'm good as long as I don't get hard on the gas in fith gear around 4600 rpm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.