VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to start off by saying that this was the first time I bought something from 42dd, and I did from the good feedback I have herd on here about them. Well I placed my order for a A-Pillar boost gauge wrapped in matching material for my jetta on saturday night and my shippment was to come in on friday.....well it came in before 12pm on WEDNESDAY (today)!!!!! Awesome shipping time guys, thank you very much. Well im not going to install this untill this weekend but heres the pics. This pod is a great match, the pics really are decieving in color/ and viewability of the gauge...thanks 42DD!!

this pic is very decieving....for some reason the gauge looks like its shooting way up but actually its just from the camera, this pod is facing you pretty damn good so dont let this pic fool you.

It still looks far away, but again just from the camera....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: THANKS 42DD!!!!....New Goodie came in!! (TwinkleToez)

congrats got the exact same myself..looks awsome http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Re: THANKS 42DD!!!!....New Goodie came in!! (Ghettojetta16V)

Hehe, are you gonna drive around with your hand holding the pod? I have the same pod from 42DD, great product!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: THANKS 42DD!!!!....New Goodie came in!! (ShyGuy)

Quote, originally posted by ShyGuy »
Hehe, are you gonna drive around with your hand holding the pod? I have the same pod from 42DD, great product!

Yea oh U know......its all about the JDM baby!! And I just HAVE to fit in with those guys....

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Re: THANKS 42DD!!!!....New Goodie came in!! (Cosmos)

Quote, originally posted by Cosmos »
THANKS 42DD!!!!

Hmmm... Interesting title.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the same thing as yours, but somehow it doesn't fit quite well to the a-pillar.
I trimed the edge abit and it looks perfect now

·
Registered
26,182 Posts
Re: (F_E_E_L)

Quote, originally posted by F_E_E_L »

thats hot! are the guages from 20th anniv.? where can i get them from?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I didnt go for the blue lighting though...I figured a boost gauge should stick out from the rest of the cluster so I got the red lighting, but some like the blue..just personal preference I guess. Any ideas on the BEST WAY to install it, I searched and got a sheit load of ways to install this thing, but dont know which one works best, and how not to break the clips. thanks and I will get pics up when I have time to install it.
-Jeff

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does anyone know if these a-pillar gauges still buzz like the columb pods? Im thinkin they dont since theres material around it, not just plastic.....anyone have this experience with the A-PILLAR only?

·
Registered
135 Posts
well.. I got mine since Oct 2003 and mine had buzzing.
As I know 42DD has new design T-fitting which eliminates the buzzing. I will get a new one soon and see what will happen.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote, originally posted by F_E_E_L »
well.. I got mine since Oct 2003 and mine had buzzing.
As I know 42DD has new design T-fitting which eliminates the buzzing. I will get a new one soon and see what will happen.

Ive never even herd of that....is it a washer or a whole new pod to reduce the buzz?? I didnt even see it on their site....
I'd like to hear more about it... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

thanks F_E_E_L! that helped....now I gotta figure out why I didnt get on with my order, as they say they are now using them when you get a gauge.....i'll have to drop a im.. thanks again!
-Jeff

1 - 20 of 33 Posts