VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to pubically thank Kyle at 20VT.
I wanted to find-out if it was possible to ge the Revo BigTurbo Program as a Beta Tester.
I had never been to 20VT before, so since they are the only REVO dealer that I know of in the Phoenix area, I thought I'd check them-out.
Kyle, suggested we do some VagCom logs on my car just to see what some of the settings currently are at from the ATP Stg2 chip. He then lower the timiming slightly because I had been misfiring and the ATP software had the Timing on the high-side. While I was driving under max boost, one of my Turbo Hoses blew-off. It had done that on several occasions before, so I wasn't surprised. The Turbo Hose that ATP supplied isn't a great hose, and it doesn't stay on securely.
So Kyle custom fabricated a Metal pipe to replace the hose.
Then when I asked Kyle how much I owed him for the custom pipe and VagCom runs, he said "No Charge"! Of course I would never expect him or anyone to not charge me since they have overhead to pay, etc. So I'd have to say that so-far my experience with 20VT has been VERY satisfactory.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif BTW the Revo rep couldn't be reached, so Kyle will let me know if I can do the BIgTurbo Software during the week.
One other thing, Kyle is working on a prototype R32 Turbo Kit!! I saw the R32 with the Turbo installed and it looks AWESOME!!! I was drooling BigTime!

Modified by exS4 at 1:13 AM 5-23-2004

·
Banned
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Thanx 20VT! (Kellum)

Quote, originally posted by Kellum »
You keep referring to him by name, does that mean you know him personally?

I met him for the first time yesterday(Saturday).
Shall I NOT refer to him by name?
If whoever at whatever shop helps me, and does a good job,
then is there something wrong with acknowledging that that
specific person was very helpful and did a good job?
See, I'm not sure what you're getting-at?

Modified by exS4 at 2:36 PM 5-23-2004

·
Banned
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Thanx 20VT! (JustinTheGIMP)

Quote, originally posted by JustinTheGIMP »
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif they need to do stuff like that to get their reputation back to ok...only thing is that they need to do that for everyone...
p.s. what turbo are you planning on?

I've had my "BigTurbo" installed since last December.
ATP Stg2(GT28R)

Modified by exS4 at 2:58 PM 5-23-2004

·
Banned
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Thanx 20VT! (JustinTheGIMP)

Yup! I've been de-bugging it ever since then though!
It finally seems to be pretty-much bug-free(knock on wood)
So now I think I'm ready to raise the boost to 1.5bar(22lbs.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.