VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in May I picked up a manual 1999 Cactus Green A4 Avant for a steal, problem is, I'm only 15 years old. Here are the stock photos:

Not long after, I picked up a set of celebrations with Pirellis for $75 :D

And did some small but necessary things like de-badging, clear fender markers, window tint, short shifter, sport steering wheel swap, s4 grille, and a few more things.
Also did a hardwood floor for the trunk:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice start! Love the hardwood trunk!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I've been doing a whole bunch lately and I'll be posting a few new pictures soon. Putting in facelifted headlights today :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dat Trunk! Ugh

I recommend replacing the timing belt unless the owner specified they replaced it recently within 60K miles. Also do a vac leak test, to make sure your getting all the power you should.

If you want some extra kick, check out giac software. It will give you a lot of power that is already there ~40whp & ~ 60ftLbs torque, be a lot more responsive and it's only 300$.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I got my headlights in today and I absolutely love them. They are non-HIDs, but have a 2005 manufacture date on them, so they are really clean for the most part. Here are a few poorly taken photos i just took. I'll have better ones tomorrow that are updated to what the car currently looks like.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
nice set of wheels and lower it some and your golden. as far as engine mods thats up to you. but the car has amazing potential:beer::beer:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks for all the comments guys. I wasn't able to post any pictures of my car like I said I would because I spent a good bit of the day fixing the gas gauge in my car. But I was able to get a few pictures today, as well as organize a few I took while doing my headlight swap.

Fender before

Something just didn't seem right about cutting a piece of my car off...

My brother 1up-ed me there

I hate the yellow New York plates...

New sport wheel, facelift vents and short shifter

1 - 20 of 535 Posts