VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
well shoot. another cactus green avant. I'm no longer special! :(

It's coming along nicely! Wish I would have had a better idea of what I was doing with a car when I was 15 haha.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
well shoot. another cactus green avant. I'm no longer special! :(

It's coming along nicely! Wish I would have had a better idea of what I was doing with a car when I was 15 haha.
Sorry! I had just found out you had a Cactus green avant not too long ago. Looks good. And thanks, haha I take after my brother with the black B5.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Alright guys, I've got a big update. My car has gone through pretty big change since I last updated my thread. So a buddy of my brother's had his avant hit by a drunk driver not too long ago, and insurance totaled the car. I was lucky enough to find it in a junk yard, and got some donor parts for cheap.

Here's the car from the outside:

Old interior:

New interior:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I have the same s4 woodgrain. It's refreshingly classy :laugh: Black seats>cream seats any day of the week.

Looks good!
Thanks! I like the black seats and wood grain with the green much better than my old ripped up cream drivers seat. Whole interior swap (excluding steering wheel) has only cost me $199 so far :D

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Thanks! I like the black seats and wood grain with the green much better than my old ripped up cream drivers seat. Whole interior swap (excluding steering wheel) has only cost me $199 so far :D
If that's not a deal I don't know what is. My ripped drivers seat is beyond annoying me right now. I might take it out and burn it in the back yard.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Where did you grab that hood bra?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I actually got it from my brother, but (and I could be wrong) I think he bought it on ECStuning while they were having a super sale a while ago.
Yeah I think its disco now...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Coming along nice. The steering wheel looks better but I like the feel of the other one better on long distance drives. Any info. on fitting the euro plate? Been wanting to get that done without having holes in my bumper.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Coming along nice. The steering wheel looks better but I like the feel of the other one better on long distance drives. Any info. on fitting the euro plate? Been wanting to get that done without having holes in my bumper.
Thanks. And my old steering wheel was really sun-damaged to the point where it was a little sticky. For my europlate, I took off the old black plate holder, cleaned the bumper very well, and put 3M vinyl wrap under where my europlate would soon be. Then I just connected the plate using all weather 3M velcro. But if I were to do it again, or re-do it, I would probably use a double-sided all-weather tape type stuff. If you want to know anything more, I can gladly send you some pictures of the process, what I used, what it looks like, and how I did it. Just let me know.:wave:

41 - 60 of 535 Posts