9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lifter cause my oil pump is doing nothing, so now I'm doing my oil pump :mad:

· Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (pueblorrado)

Just finished now its nice
, got to admit my finger were CROSSED cause you know VW lol fix something u think it is then its not.

· Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Toffeerado)

nope that wasn't it :mad: is it possible oil line is clogged ? my oil light is now off it was on with my old pump.

· Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (dubsrphat)

Quote, originally posted by dubsrphat »
rod bearings would be my next guess

Yeah same here sound VERY BAD!

· Registered
7,450 Posts
Re: (Toffeerado)

your lifter could be shot from no oil...sometimes it takes a while for it to build up pressure..
alot of times the rod bearings make their knocking noise, only under load through a certain rpm range

· Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (BLUE NRG)

Quote, originally posted by BLUE NRG »
your lifter could be shot from no oil...sometimes it takes a while for it to build up pressure..
alot of times the rod bearings make their knocking noise, only under load through a certain rpm range

hmm cause this is just making noise non stop, sometimes goes away but doest matter what RPM's it makes noise. Couple times there was squeaking couple times the engine shut off.
This just sucks pretty soon I'm gonna have 2 corrados without engines lol.

· Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (g60vwr)

Quote, originally posted by g60vwr »
My girls old car killed a oil pump- the car never got over the knock...
hope you have better luck

what kind of car was this?

· Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

cavalier

I thought cavaliers came like that lol , I plan to replace everything though I have spare g60 block I might get rebuilt if i notice anything http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif .

· Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

didi you try to swap lifters yet?

No but I highly unlikly but might aswell lift my cam and check.

· Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: That clicking noise was....... (Toffeerado)

just checked the lifter there rock hard that means there fine right?

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Re: That clicking noise was....... (G60corradoG60)

i need to bring this up...
i just drove from chicago to west michigan after the holiday, i was about 15 miles from home and had a problem come up like this.
at first i noticed the car sounded a little louder than usual, i thought that i might have lost an exhaust gasket since i know my motor mounts arent great (the last one is in the mail)
then i came to a stop and upon acceleration it sounded really "cavalier" like a whine, it went away at 2.5k RPM
then i came to another stop and it sounded really loud, like the manifold came loose, but it didnt, i got out and popped the hood and what i am hearing is a very distinct hitting of something... its a clicking/tapping noise, almost a knocking, but this is my first small engine car, so im not sure if its a knock. ...
all of my belts are entact and fairly taught so i doubt it was a timing thing, i just dont know... im goign to keep looking. any input would be great.
i have localized the noise to be coming from the pass side of the engine, either @ #1, #2, or an accessory... not sure.

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Re: That clicking noise was....... (DeathWobble)

ok just did a little wooden pole doctor stuff.
absolutely the loudest from the tensioner, could still hear it on the alt./SC but much quieter than the tensioner.
love that ghetto stethoscope

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.