VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really but I bought some aristos from craigslist for $300:) They came with two goodyear f1's and they were curbed all the the way around and the spokes were also screwed:screwy: although one wheel was in decent condition. I bought them as a project over the summer and I finally finished all of them, I just need two more tires:) Here are some before and after pics:D

Before

I didn't take any good pics of before because I was to excited to get them done and I started working right away:rolleyes:

Most of the wheels were in this condition:thumbdown:

After

Brushed aluminum anyone

What do you guys think?:) I will post them on the car when I get two more tires:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys:)
I used jb weld for the curbed spots and scratches. And then I sanded the entire wheel and painted them with 4 coats of silver wheel coating paint. You can find the paint at most auto stores. I'll give the exact name in a few minutes.

Oh and the last pic is photoshopped:p

edit: The paint is called Dupli-Color High Performance Wheel Coating. They come in different colors, but I wanted the OEM look so I picked silver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.