VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 1424 Posts

·
Registered
48,745 Posts
Not drive to my house, but at the shop around the corner yeah. Mobile has an additional cost, I get it, but $100 more? That’s 112% more. That’s a lot.
How much does it cost to have a plumber or electrician come to your house? You can't bring your house to them even if they have a shop around the corner.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
21 RS6 12 QX56 10 A6 Avant 88 16v Scirocco
11,833 Posts
Local. My detached garage is behind the house, and my wife is afraid to back her car down the drive next to the brick house wall so she parks in front of the house. Leaves both garage spots for me in the back.
Sounds extremely familiar

·
Registered
48,745 Posts
Is it rude to post photos like this of my winter setup in San Diego winters orrr...? ;)

When my father passed away in 1990, one of the cars he owned was a 1989 944 Turbo. We held on to it for a year or so. One early winter day I had driven it to work to give it some exercise. Of course it started snowing by early afternoon, so I went home so not to get caught with it in the snow as it had the original summer tires on it. I made it home OK but our driveway had a slight grade (maybe 5 degrees). Of course I got stuck on a 1/4" of snow. The tires weren't snow capable at all.

·
11,833 Posts
Number 2 done for the week.

Untitled by smooremin, on Flickr

I lifted the suspension setting to be much closer to stock height. Should help me with scraping the front clip. This was basically the whole reason for the CETE module. Really happy I did it.

·
11,833 Posts
Wow that is hot.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The Duratracs are great tires. I run them on both my 3/4 ton trucks. I swear they work better on my plow truck than the snows I ran several seasons before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Wow that is hot.
Thanks, i was surprised by how good the slightly larger size and higher offset wheels look.(33" vs 32" and -10mm extra offset)

The Duratracs are great tires. I run them on both my 3/4 ton trucks. I swear they work better on my plow truck than the snows I ran several seasons before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its all I've run on my last three trucks and they seem to last long, they work great in our winter climate and they are also surprisingly quiet. When it came time to get a winter setup for the Expedition, it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

We don't get a lot of snow in Kansas so during our road trip to Colorado we hit up as many snowy areas as we could in the wife's ride. This was taken near Montezuma. There's no need to drive my Jetta in the slick stuff since we have this.

1381 - 1400 of 1424 Posts