VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a Dodge dealer to see the Caliber up close and the interior isnt as bad as I thought, the pictures would indicate otherwise. The materials used seem to be pretty substantial and seem like they should hold well over time, your thoughts ?

· Registered
99,780 Posts
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best described as " Durable " not cheap (DoubleNaught)

It has a place for thre Ipod in the armrest- right? Little touches like that in a sub $20k car shows that DC is really trying.

· Registered
2,339 Posts
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best described as " Durable " not cheap (BRealistic)

Quote, originally posted by BRealistic »
It has a place for thre Ipod in the armrest- right? Little touches like that in a sub $20k car shows that DC is really trying.

Yeah and a built in water bottle cooler and drop down boombox off the tailgate.

· Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best described as " Durable " not cheap (2003_Passat_1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by 2003_Passat_1.8T »

As well as the removable flashlight/domelight

· Registered
5,092 Posts
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best described as " Durable " not cheap (PlatinumGLS)

Quote, originally posted by PlatinumGLS »
It is replacing the Neon...the Caliber is an improvement in almost every way.

X2

· Registered
2,792 Posts
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best described as " Durable " not cheap (GTI_CH)

Autoweek had an article about the Caliber this week. They raved about the engines (joint effort with Hyundai and Mitsubishi) and they seemed to like the styling and construction, too. Dinged it on some torque steer issues, and a high price when properly configured. I was intrigued enough to put it on my revolving list of "Cars To Check Out If I Had To Buy A Car Today".

· Registered
3,889 Posts
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best desc ... (sucking chest wound)

a friend of mine just got one. i sat in it 3 days ago and i was not impressed. the interior is tacky and doesn't match. atleast his didn't match. its a roomy car/mini suv/wagon what ever it is. theres plenty of space in the rear too. its sits to high and is way to ugly on the exterior for my liking. When i first saw the front end i thought PT Cruiser and Chevy HHR. I didn't get to ride in it so i can't comment on that. My friend said he liked it and it does what he needs it to, and that all that matters in the end.
I did like 1 thing though, and i think its something everyone else likes, the new car smell.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best desc ... (04RSR32)

Quote, originally posted by 04RSR32 »
a friend of mine just got one. i sat in it 3 days ago and i was not impressed. the interior is tacky and doesn't match. atleast his didn't match. its a roomy car/mini suv/wagon what ever it is. theres plenty of space in the rear too. its sits to high and is way to ugly on the exterior for my liking. When i first saw the front end i thought PT Cruiser and Chevy HHR. I didn't get to ride in it so i can't comment on that. My friend said he liked it and it does what he needs it to, and that all that matters in the end.
I did like 1 thing though, and i think its something everyone else likes, the new car smell.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

My Buddy was with me and thought it was a small truck, it was parked next to a Charger and it didnt seem like it's overall was that much higher

· Registered
17,503 Posts
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best described as " Durable " not cheap (DoubleNaught)

really?
Quote, originally posted by DoubleNaught »

As well as the removable flashlight/domelight

double really?

· Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best described as " Durable " not cheap (GTiTOM)

Quote, originally posted by GTiTOM »

really?
double really?

I am seriously thinking of a Caliber SRT-4 once it comes out, I just wish it would be AWD but it should nice nonetheless http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

2011 BMW 328i xDrive Touring 6MT ZSP
36,329 Posts

I checked one out at the local dealer today and they really do look pretty good in person.
Price is also very reasonable. The one I saw was an SXT with the CVT, cruise control, tailgate speakers, and 17" wheels, and had a sticker of about $21k Canadian.

· Registered
3,889 Posts
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best desc ... (DoubleNaught)

Quote, originally posted by DoubleNaught »
My Buddy was with me and thought it was a small truck, it was parked next to a Charger and it didnt seem like it's overall was that much higher

I'm also use to getting in and out of my R32. So that might have had something to do with it. But for what it replaced i thought i would have had a lower stance.

· Registered
11,096 Posts

That was my judgement of it as well... and they all seem to use really light materials, which generally look cheaper.
The durable look goes well in a car like this... but Dodge is using the same durable look in their Charger, and it looks like junk... but the car is almost twice the cost, so I expected more.
Calibre should do pretty well... it's leaps and bounds over that junky little car known as the Neon and SX2.0.

· Registered
692 Posts
Re: The 07' Dodge Caliber interior can be best described as " Durable " not cheap (2003_Passat_1.8T)

Great................could you see your wife being held up at gun point at your local mart, while two punks are ripping out the boombox as she has the tailgate open to put away the groceries???

JK

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.