VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 1745 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
If the Bucs who’s 3rd in cap space want to contend, they have enough to re-sign Suh, add Jason Peters at Tackle, Gurley at RB, Sanders at WR and get Clowney.... and they have drafts picks too. That would be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Gostkowski has been released, hoyer signed.

·
Registered
15,194 Posts
They definitely can use the stability of Hoyer as a reliable replacement for Stidham

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
For sure- Hoyer knows the system and should help Stidham.... still haven’t seen enough of him to see if he’s a legit starter, I think the pressure will be too much for him

·
Registered
707 Posts
Gilmore posted a cryptic text- that would be a typical Bill B move if they trade him and clear tons of cap space

DPOY would fetch a lot of draft picks...

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,285 Posts

Patriots make alternate Color Rush jerseys team's new uniform

The New England Patriots unveiled their new jerseys on Monday morning, which should look familiar: The Color Rush alternates that the team has recently donned have been promoted to full-time status.

It is the first change to the Patriots' primary uniform in 20 years.

Jen Ferron, the chief marketing officer of Kraft Sports and Entertainment, explained the rationale behind the change on the Patriots' website.

"As we started to think about the 2020 season and a new decade, we began to envision what we wanted our uniforms to reflect. The success of the 'Color Rush' uniform that we've worn for the past couple of years had us thinking that we didn't need to make real substantive changes, rather we could make modest changes to our home uniform and then use a complimentary version with those same aesthetics for our away uniform," Ferron said.

Since 2016, when the alternate jersey debuted, the Patriots have posted a 6-1 record in it -- wearing blue at home and white on the road. The team will continue to wear blue at home and white on the road, while donning blue pants both home and away.

The 2020 jerseys will include some minor alterations, specifically with the fonts on both the numbers and nameplates. Red, white and blue color-blocked socks are new to complement the jersey, according to the team.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...alternate-color-rush-jerseys-team-new-uniform

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Gronk reuniting with Brady in TB. Pats trade him and a 7th round pick for a 4th round pick. I guess it's better than getting nothing.

If the season happens it will be interesting to see how Tampa does. I'm hoping for a Pats/Tampa Bay Super Bowl (yes, i know, highly unlikely, No way Tampa makes it:D)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Surprised though that the Pats didn’t ask for either O.J. Howard or Brate in exchange...

I am sure Edelman is sad, the Bucs still need a slot receiver

Maybe Dola will ask for a trade to the Bucs

·
Registered
707 Posts
This team doesn’t look that bad and it will depend on Stidham on how well he does. I like the TE’s that they drafted- reminds of me of when they drafted Gronk and Hernandez duo- TE/ H back.... picking up Dalton wouldn’t hurt, he’s still better than Hoyer AND imagine if they were able to get Rodgers?

The biggest challenge in that division will be the Bills, don’t think the Jets got any better and the Dolphins are iffy since Tua is not 100%

Can’t wait for the season to start

·
Premium Member
36,285 Posts
I hear lots of talk about Cam and Dalton, both available, not that we have the cap space.

Honestly, I think this team goes 9-7 with Stidman, or they can go 9-7 with Cam, or 9-7 with Dalton. I don't think either of those guys has the raw talent to just drop into BB's very complicated, precise read/route system and do appreciably better than the talented young guy who already has over a year of preparation.

My expectations are low this year, but I just don't see them tanking either.

·
Registered
707 Posts
9-7 will put them ahead of the Jets and the Dolphins :)

Weird though that they had a chance to draft Eason, Hurts, Fromm but decided to stay put. I wasn’t really impressed with what I saw during the preseason but maybe he learned a thing or two sitting out last year....

·
Premium Member
36,285 Posts
:eek:

Former NFL MVP Cam Newton has reached agreement on a one-year, incentive-laden deal with the New England Patriots, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

Newton now will step into the mix to try to help replace former Patriots’ QB Tom Brady.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I saw that and not bad. Not too much risk and if he’s healthy then..... I am hearing mixed reviews on Stidham- some say he will be great and some say he’s a dud so having Hoyer and Cam there just in case....

I like their picks this year and a lot of their picks didn’t play last year so let’s see what this group can do. The biggest threat is Buffalo

·
Premium Member
36,285 Posts
Yup, I like it.

In a normal year, it would be a fun Camp. But how much preseason competition will they be able to have?

1721 - 1740 of 1745 Posts