VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1741 - 1745 of 1745 Posts

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,204 Posts
I agree with Matt...

@chatham58

Gonna be a super-interesting camp & year for NE, but the timing/cost of this Newton deal indicates their intentions are still to have Stidham as W1 starter. Cam taking over seems most realistic if Jarrett struggles months down the road after Cam’s caught up on all the new learning

·
Registered
707 Posts
Do you think it’s pure coincidence that they signed Cam after they lost their 3rd round pick for the whole filming incident?
They will get picks back from losing Brady and the other free agents that they lost but if Cam ends up just playing 1 season and he signs elsewhere then they get a pick from home too....

Again, low risk- high rewards and I don’t expect to see Superman Cam, I think he is long gone but he’s still a talented player so a good insurance in case Stidham doesn’t pan out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,204 Posts
Do you think it’s pure coincidence that they signed Cam after they lost their 3rd round pick for the whole filming incident?
They will get picks back from losing Brady and the other free agents that they lost but if Cam ends up just playing 1 season and he signs elsewhere then they get a pick from home too....

Again, low risk- high rewards and I don’t expect to see Superman Cam, I think he is long gone but he’s still a talented player so a good insurance in case Stidham doesn’t pan out

@AdamSchefter
18h
This is very New England: Now if Cam Newton plays well in 2020, and leaves as a free agent, the Patriots could get back a compensatory 2022 third-round pick to help make up for 2021 third-round pick the NFL is taking away from New England for its videotape violation.

·
Registered
707 Posts
That’s Bill being Bill

Let’s see how this team does. Still weird that Brady won’t be part of the team....

WR group doesn’t look that bad- Edelman, N’Keal, Sanu....

1741 - 1745 of 1745 Posts