VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 5654 Posts

·
Registered
4,431 Posts

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
2021 could be like that.
Especially if Lewis leaves for Ferrari, Toto leaves to run all of F1 - replacing Chase Carey, and Mercedes pulls out of F1 because they lost interest and they are putting all their eggs in the Formula E basket.

^^all 3 of those are legit possibilities.

·
Premium Member
42,853 Posts
Especially if Lewis leaves for Ferrari, Toto leaves to run all of F1 - replacing Chase Carey, and Mercedes pulls out of F1 because they lost interest and they are putting all their eggs in the Formula E basket.

^^all 3 of those are legit possibilities.
Not even a chance. Lewis will prob never go to Ferrari, but I suppose one could argue there is a chance. I just don't see it happening. However Toto would not be hired on to run Liberty. There would be way too many conflict of interests. Team bosses must have some clause in their contracts to prevent such things.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I might go to either Montreal or Austin next year to see a race. It would be my first time. Is there any do's or don'ts from people that have gone?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
Not even a chance. Lewis will prob never go to Ferrari, but I suppose one could argue there is a chance. I just don't see it happening. However Toto would not be hired on to run Liberty. There would be way too many conflict of interests. Team bosses must have some clause in their contracts to prevent such things.
I wouldn't see a conflict if Mercedes leaves F1, nor even if they stay. Jean Todt is the president of the FIA and Ross Brawn is the president of the Formula One Group, run by CEO Carey. Nobody has any conflict of interest problems with that, this would be no different. In any case, I see Wolff leaving sooner rather than later, he's already stated he's done more than he ever imagined and he wants to see his kids more and support his wife's Formula E endeavors.

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
17,998 Posts
Lance Stroll to Red Bull? :D

Canadian billionaire aims to buy Aston Martin, report says

LONDON -- Canadian billionaire and Formula One team owner Lawrence Stroll has formed a consortium to take control of U.K. sports-car maker Aston Martin, a British magazine reported.

Stroll has used connections he has made as owner of the Racing Point F1 team and through his son, F1 driver Lance Stroll, to form the group to take a major stake in Aston Martin, Autocar magazine reported.

https://canada.autonews.com/automak...rt-says?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

·
Registered
4,431 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,573 Posts
Any listen to the Bernie Eccelstone episode of Beyond the Grid? He mentions how he helped get Jean Todt to Ferrari, but specifically how he wanted to get a non-Italian there, because, as he put it, with an Italian in charge, it's the same as no-one in charge.

·
Premium Member
42,853 Posts
Any listen to the Bernie Eccelstone episode of Beyond the Grid? He mentions how he helped get Jean Todt to Ferrari, but specifically how he wanted to get a non-Italian there, because, as he put it, with an Italian in charge, it's the same as no-one in charge.
So its a grey area with Binotto because he was born in Switzerland, but his nationality is Italian

·
Premium Member
12,573 Posts
So its a grey area with Binotto because he was born in Switzerland, but his nationality is Italian
I think for all intents and purposes, Binotto is Italian. And I'd like to believe he can be the exception to the rule to where he can be an effective leader for Ferrari.

·
2011 BMW 328i xDrive Touring 6MT ZSP
48,444 Posts
Haha, I'll need to check that one out.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Dem Rimz

We've seen the 18 inch wheels before, here is George Russell giving them a go in the Silver Arrow. Not bad looking IMO:

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
We've seen the 18 inch wheels before, here is George Russell giving them a go in the Silver Arrow. Not bad looking IMO:

They seem comically large to me, but I will probably get used to them. Curious how the larger wheel impacts the aero. Seems like the wheel makes up a really big portion of the frontal cross section.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
They seem comically large to me, but I will probably get used to them. Curious how the larger wheel impacts the aero. Seems like the wheel makes up a really big portion of the frontal cross section.
it always has.

should be interesting though, i suspect teams will have to actually change a lot about there suspension setups going to such stiffer tires, and i wonder if we are going to have a rash of debeaded/damaged tires because of running pressures too low, trying to get some of that compliance back.

21 - 40 of 5654 Posts