VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1921 Posts

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,401 Posts
How is it "light"? The six-cylinder weighs 3,400 lbs which is actually a bit more than a 370Z and something like 300 lbs more than a 718 Cayman.
That extra bit of weight over the 370Z is likely the reason it doesn't feel like a cheap POS.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
If anyone wants a cheap new 2020 this dealer is asking $44k.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Why are these not selling? I thought there was a ton of hype and basically had insta-collectible put-it-in-a-hermetically-sealed bubble. But I do see them lingering on lots here in MN as well, granted it's winter but still, if it was hot it would be hot regardless.

Are these duds?

·
Registered
13,536 Posts
Why are these not selling? I thought there was a ton of hype and basically had insta-collectible put-it-in-a-hermetically-sealed bubble. But I do see them lingering on lots here in MN as well, granted it's winter but still, if it was hot it would be hot regardless.

Are these duds?
Because Covid?? many people actually out of job/money? there is a reason why used car market is so hot right now... Who want to buy a BRAND NEW + not that practical car and work from home or to hoard toilet paper (or next hot item to hoard)?

Many American/Canadian will not want/able to travel outside of the own country for a while. A road trip friendly purchase will make much more sense. Ford Bronco and Mach E are releasing at the perfect time.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Because Covid?? many people actually out of job/money? there is a reason why used car market is so hot right now... Who want to buy a BRAND NEW + not that practical car and work from home? May be Hawk?
I'm guessing most people buying $50k toys weren't planning on using them as daily drivers, and are/were probably financially unaffected by Covid. I'm sure it played a part in delaying some purchases, but not to the point dealers resort to knocking $12k off pleading on forums for people to take them. I also doubt that once the vaccines are widely distributed in 6-12 months that the $10k+ discounts will suddenly disappear.

They probably don't sell because the front is so god awful ugly and it looks like parts bin BMW inside (shifter, power seat controls, etc.)...nobody likes a parts bin car, especially when it's supposed to be a $50k massively hyped return of a legendary nameplate. I know when I saw the shifter I was like wtfbbq?

Covid and parts bin aside, I still didn't expect to see these languishing on lots with $10k discounts.

·
Registered
13,536 Posts
I'm guessing most people buying $50k toys weren't planning on using them as daily drivers, and are/were probably financially unaffected by Covid. I'm sure it played a part in delaying some purchases, but not to the point dealers resort to knocking $12k off pleading on forums for people to take them. I also doubt that once the vaccines are widely distributed in 6-12 months that the $10k+ discounts will suddenly disappear.

They probably don't sell because the front is so god awful ugly and it looks like parts bin BMW inside (shifter, power seat controls, etc.)...nobody likes a parts bin car, especially when it's supposed to be a $50k massively hyped return of a legendary nameplate. I know when I saw the shifter I was like wtfbbq?

Covid and parts bin aside, I still didn't expect to see these languishing on lots with $10k discounts.
For me in this case... it is the color. I will NOT want a silver car sport car. The most boring color for me. I already give up manuel if I want a Supra, I don't really want a boring color with it.

Here are Supra with real colors
Nitro Yellow

Horizon Blue

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

Are these duds?
Here's your answer:

·
Registered
46,443 Posts
Here's your answer:

These cars are in a different price class. In a nationwide search, the lowest price Corvette you can find in inventory is around $65k. You can get a Supra for $40k. And if cars.com is accurate, there are only 230 new Corvettes in inventory. Over 1000 new Supra.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
These cars are in a different price class. In a nationwide search, the lowest price Corvette you can find in inventory is around $65k. You can get a Supra for $40k. And if cars.com is accurate, there are only 230 new Corvettes in inventory. Over 1000 new Supra.
The V6 Supra and the Corvette are definitely in the same price class.

As for the 4-cylinder Supra, that's in the price range of much more powerful pony cars like the Camaro and the Mustang that a lot of people prefer.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
You're high as a kite if you think for one second that more than 1% of shoppers of either a Supra or a Corvette are cross shopping the other.

One is a ******* bald boomer's wet dream, the other is a Fast n Furious ricer's wet dream. They couldn't have more fundamentally different markets.

·
Registered
29,048 Posts
One is a ******* bald boomer's wet dream, the other is a Fast n Furious ricer's wet dream. They couldn't have more fundamentally different markets.
You must work for Nielsen.

·
Registered
Model 3P, AP2 S2K, 981 Boxster S
3,640 Posts
The Supra is amazing and all, especially in Yellow but anyone else rather spend $56k on a GTR instead? Yea I know $56k would be something 11 years old and used, but somehow it's more attractive. More power, awd, more space, and still bad ass. Or is it just me?

·
Registered
Model 3P, AP2 S2K, 981 Boxster S
3,640 Posts
^I think the R35 is one of the fugliest thing ever made. 😂
She aint pretty and they never have been. But the looks have grown on me especially the early ones with the bright alloy wheels. Little bit of a bucket list car for me. Maybe the Supra will grow on me more as it ages.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
They look a little better in person, but every time I see one at a meet or on the street my mind goes straight to this...

1861 - 1880 of 1921 Posts