VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
5381 - 5400 of 6104 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
if its the ICE then just 5 grid spot like hamilton in turkey. if its entire engine w power unit its back of the line
Hamilton was a 10 place drop... but, as usual with the FIA it is clear as mud.

The FIA regulations state that a 10-place grid drop is issued for the first breach of the season allocation of three engines, with five-place drops for each subsequent breach.

Since it is just a fresh ICE unit, and he has already had 3 penalties, this time it is only a 5 place grid drop. Some people commenting on Motorsport.com they think Mercedes are basically using Bottas as a test bed for something next year.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
21 RS6 12 QX56 10 A6 Avant 88 16v Scirocco
11,830 Posts
Mercedes are basically using Bottas as a test bed for something next year.
If true, very smart of them to do so.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
If true, very smart of them to do so.
Agreed, Bottas at best is going to get 3rd in the WDC this year, I don't know that Perez is close enough that where Bottas finishes is going to have a huge impact on the WCC, so makes sense to sacrifice Bottas to get a jump on 2022. Even if the cars are completely different, any engine gains now would pay off hugely next year.

·
Registered
45,185 Posts
Hamilton was a 10 place drop... but, as usual with the FIA it is clear as mud.

The FIA regulations state that a 10-place grid drop is issued for the first breach of the season allocation of three engines, with five-place drops for each subsequent breach.

Since it is just a fresh ICE unit, and he has already had 3 penalties, this time it is only a 5 place grid drop. Some people commenting on Motorsport.com they think Mercedes are basically using Bottas as a test bed for something next year.
oh thanks for clarifying that. (y)

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
38,609 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/comments/qdl2ho
Easy answer is the US is a huge market and thanks to netflix and social media Formula 1 popularity is very much on the rise here.

I love how excited the Teams and Drivers are to come and race in the US. Given that the US and EU landmass are very similar in size, there's no reason the US couldn't support 3 or 4 races if the interest is there.

Reactions: Nealric and x(why)z

·
Registered
45,185 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/comments/qdl2ho
Easy answer is the US is a huge market and thanks to netflix and social media Formula 1 popularity is very much on the rise here.

I love how excited the Teams and Drivers are to come and race in the US. Given that the US and EU landmass are very similar in size, there's no reason the US couldn't support 3 or 4 races if the interest is there.
With Miami we'll have 2. But I'd love for a west coast, central (austin) and east coast race (miami) here

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
21,216 Posts
Whew. Couldn’t get shuttle tickets to leave. Took an hour to get an Uber. Joined forces with some strangers and it took us a bit, but now we’re leaving. If it’s a mad house today, Sundays gonna be awesome! 😳

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Man, seeing the build up and excitement the last couple weeks for this race has got me all kinds of fired up for Miami next year...I REALLY hope they get everything in to make it officially official

·
Registered
48,670 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Holy shiite Checo with a heater from the back 9. Keep on it!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Well I take my heater comment back...damn Verstappen... 2 tenths up

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
Wow, Hamilton really pushed hard, you could see the car just slam over the bumps.

Congrats to Verstappen, fast and consistent, it was a great qualy.

Perez, I jinxed it, great to see him master the car here.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Perez looked awesome so far this weekend and his first Q3 lap was cleeeean. Didn’t quite nail his last run though. But a much improved weekend for him so far.

I thought Max was done when they said light rain, but Max was peerless in those last two sectors.

I thought Lewis had pulled out a magic lap there but Max blitzed it.

Lap 1 is gonna be bananas down that back straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5381 - 5400 of 6104 Posts