VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my perks of my job is I can drive some of the company cars, especially to break them in. Well we got a trio of 330i's sedans in and like magic the keys appeared on my desk. I hit the unlock to see which color I got, alas it's the Monaco Blue Metallic.
Man is this just a great car. Married to a smooth and proper 6 speed gearbox with a clutch pedal that is miles better than my Eclipse could ever imagine... it just goes! 255HP feels plenty powerful in this car. The seats keep you in a comfortable but sturdy position. And you need those seats when you throw herinto tht twisties. The car just feels so very confident.
Everything is just well thought out, and it's the little things that stand out. The passenger mirror points down in reverse. The lighted door handles when you unlock the car. The keyless system with push start.
Yep this is the first time I ever got to drive a BMW (sat in plenty) and it was a dream. Even the wood (Burl Walnut) is beautiful (and I hate wood in a car!)
Now only if I could afford the damn thing.
MSRP is $42k.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Re: The 330i (ltparis)

My buddy's stepmom has a white e90 330i, and damn that car is fun! You're right about the little things like the mirror, the lighted door handles, and so on. The front footwells are particularly huge (I'm 6'3" and there's way more room then my Jetta), and I fit comfortably without any issues what-so-ever.
The only complaint I can really come up with is the power window switch in the front two seats is almost too close to the dash on the door pannel. I have to really stretch to reach it.
Also, the braking is almost scary in that car. Just a tap of the pedal sends you flying into your seatbelt. In other words, I love it.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Re: The 330i (ltparis)

Quote, originally posted by ltparis »
So one of my perks of my job is I can drive some of the company cars, especially to break them in. Well we got a trio of 330i's sedans in and like magic the keys appeared on my desk. I hit the unlock to see which color I got, alas it's the Monaco Blue Metallic.
Man is this just a great car. Married to a smooth and proper 6 speed gearbox with a clutch pedal that is miles better than my Eclipse could ever imagine... it just goes! 255HP feels plenty powerful in this car. The seats keep you in a comfortable but sturdy position. And you need those seats when you throw herinto tht twisties. The car just feels so very confident.
Everything is just well thought out, and it's the little things that stand out. The passenger mirror points down in reverse. The lighted door handles when you unlock the car. The keyless system with push start.
Yep this is the first time I ever got to drive a BMW (sat in plenty) and it was a dream. Even the wood (Burl Walnut) is beautiful (and I hate wood in a car!)
Now only if I could afford the damn thing.
MSRP is $42k.

i wanna work there

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Re: (nourdmrolnmt1)

Quote, originally posted by nourdmrolnmt1 »
i dont get whats so special about the moving mirrors when in reverse...

Helps with parking, to let you know how far you are from the curb.
Dave.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Re: (speedn16v)

Quote, originally posted by speedn16v »

Helps with parking, to let you know how far you are from the curb.
Dave.

the best thing is that u can also switch the feature off when u don't need it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
but yes, it's a great car. imo blows everything away in its class.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.