VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will serve as a central info point for intakes/heat shields for the a4 (b5). If you find new products, good sources, or great prices let us all know!

Modified by robbyb413 at 8:40 PM 12/4/2008

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Options

Stock Replacement:
K&N 1.8T & 2.8: 33-2125
ITG 1.8T & 2.8: WB-482

1.8T "cold air" intakes:
Carbonio
EvoMS
ABD Quickflow
Dahlback
LLTek
K&N 57-0282 (all except 01)
K&N 57-0593 (for 01)

2.8 "cold air" intakes:
K&N 57-0515
LLTek
EvoMS

DIY Airbox mod:
Thanks to Ike

1.8T Heatshield:
There is a user on another audi site who makes heat shields for the 1.8T.
s4 wheel house liner:
Purchase the s4 passenger side piece to provide extra airflow into the air intake area.

Modified by robbyb413 at 8:31 AM 10/20/2008

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Intake Discussion Thread

A merged thread of previous discussions on intakes, k&n filters, and such can be found here
More intake threads:
a long thread on intakes
a long thread discussing home-made intakes
Check out these threads and post in there if applicable, or post here if you have new information/want more clarity. Let's try to keep all the information together.

Modified by robbyb413 at 7:43 PM 3/15/2007

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: The Intake Discussion Thread (robbyb413)

i don;t know if you want any discussion in here, but this question isn't exactly thread worthy. does anyone know where i can get the ducting from the front radiator grill to the airbox? i've never had one; it's just sucking hot air from the engine compartment. i searched all over for one online but no one seems to sell one.

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: The Intake Discussion Thread ([email protected])

No that's on the same topic. Try http://www.germanautoparts.com and see if they can help you.
If you find a place let me know, I'll add it in here.
Also, anyone have the Part Number and a good source for the vented fender liner? I think it's off the s4 but I can't remember... I think that should be in here.

·
Registered
19,732 Posts

Quote, originally posted by robbyb413 »

Also, anyone have the Part Number and a good source for the vented fender liner? I think it's off the s4 but I can't remember... I think that should be in here.

I have it taped to my monitor screen at home. Ill post it up when I get there later.

·
Registered
238 Posts

nope, they don't have it. i searched at like 15 different car parts places. oh well, i got my fog light cover in today. it randomly fell out a few months ago

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: The Intake Discussion Thread ([email protected])

Theres a few cars being parted out in the classifieds, hit those guys up. They can probably help you.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

Quote, originally posted by robbyb413 »

Wheel house liner plastic
[8D0-821-17*-G]
http://www.audipartssuperstore...d=255

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: The Intake Discussion Thread (ylwghost)

Quote, originally posted by ylwghost »

Wheel house liner plastic
[8D0-821-17*-G]
[/url]

8D0-821-1726

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Re: The Intake Discussion Thread (HarvVAG)

Quote, originally posted by HarvVAG »

8D0-821-1726

Thanks Drew (didn't catch that); I assume that number is for the passanger side?

·
Banned
5,429 Posts
Re: (MR VTEC)

stock intake is good for over 300HP, after that i cant help you, im not there yet.
use the search for "intake" http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Re: (geoff16vII)

this is the one area where if you didnt buy the apr stage 3 you really have to get creative. either learn to weld or find someone who can, that way you can mimick the stock TIP. otherwise do what i did and use 90 degree couplers to make something that fits and includes the maf and filter.

·
Registered
304 Posts
K&N cone filter part # for my 1.8T?

I want to put a K&N air filter on my 2000 1.8T. I dont want the "kit" they provide. I just want the cone filter that fits on the MAS.
Does anyone know this part #?

·
Registered
04 24v GTI, 94 Vento 2.0, 80 Caddy, 76 Scorpion
7,842 Posts
cool idea. save your money though, because your useless mod will result in your needing to replace your MAF and eventually a turbo once something impacts a compressor blade.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts