VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Blinktek Heatshield

Anyone have this? if so, can i get the dimensions of it? im hoping i can just make it. TIA

(borrowed pic)

Modified by azninferno at 3:01 PM 12-4-2008

·
Registered
902 Posts
Re: (Jettakid88)

Quote, originally posted by Jettakid88 »
just get some cardboard and use it as a template...

x2. That's how I did mine. Makes a great impact on intake temps...

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
its door trim guard.. sold at any parts store.
i'm making my own heat shield and i have just a cone strapped to my MAF. i cant tell any difference over the stock box, but really cleans up the area. I have the stock bellow coming from the grill and then i have the stock air box cover still in place, so it looks stock.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Re: (merrigan)

i kno, maybe cause i am. lol i like the small oem touches, but i will get coils after winter. i'll enjoy my new badass tune for a little

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Blinktek Heatshield (azninferno)

Okay, I own a 2000 Audi A4 B5 and SIMPLY just want an easy setup. all I'm looking to do is to setup filter to MAF sensor to stock pipe as shown in the picture(with the red car).....I went to unplug my air box and the Air Pump line(on the top of the box) seems permanetley attached
...Can I simply run a small air filter on the air pump,, or how do I go about this>?? ANY info is very much appreciated...Thankyou

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Re: Blinktek Heatshield (AyFourBeeFive)

Yeah, you can just pop that hard tube off and put a breather filter on it, ooooorrrr.. remove ALL that stuff completely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Blinktek Heatshield (robbyb413)

Thankyou! some good news

Now my next question is how would you go about removing the 'smog pump line'on the top of the airbox..i've read heat it up or twist towards the motor?
And JumboBlack's setup is a thumbs up with me! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Re: Blinktek Heatshield (AyFourBeeFive)

heh, Justin's setup is nice except for that silly SAI pump breather in there. Pull it outta there man! It's junk left over from the gubmint trying to regulate your engine bay.

But back to a4b5s question, unless you're confused about what you're looking to do, and you're not really playing with the line from the SAI pump, this should be self explanatory. Go outside, open your hood, and pull the line off. It's really that simple. You may have to get as advanced as using a screwdriver OR a pair of pliers to remove a clamp.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Well, that was from over a year ago with the lil ole K03 (no fun at all).....now my SAI is deleted, no breather hose for me

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Re: (JumboBlack1.8)

That's what I'm talking about. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Re: (my_tdi_is_blue)

They're home-made by a guy on another forum. Just click the link in the 1st post and ask him to ship you one.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts