VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i thought of a way to do this so tell me if it can be done. this is to get rid of that annying ASR logo on the gauge cluster when you turn the ASR off. But a defrost switch, you no how you turn it on and the switch turns orange, take that face plate off and put the ASR switch plate on it and wire it into the ASR harness so that when you hit the ASR button it turns orange, then discconect the bulb on the gauge cluster. could it be done?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: the annoying ASR light on gauge cluster (Hi TeK)

You do realize that the ASR light is for more than just your traction right? When it goes on and stays on, often times on its own, your MAF is shot..it's a critical indicator, don't fudge with it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: the annoying ASR light on gauge cluster (mk4007)

Well, as I understand it, the light in the cluster is actually triggered by the ECU.
My ASR is pretty much always off, having done the switch mod.
Because the cluster idot light annoyed me enough, I ended up pulling & seperating the cluster, pulling the speedo needle, pulling the speedo face and placing a peice of carefully shaped tape on the back of the guage face so that only part of the "!" symbol is now visable.
Originally I just covered the whole thing, but it's nice to know when it's on or off without having to spin the wheels just to find out.
One nice thing about having the cluster apart, it's easy to disable the door chime while your there...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: the annoying ASR light on gauge cluster (GTI-Turbo)

Yea i no that asr if for traction control/stability control. to me the light is annoying, and if you're maf is shot your check engine will light up. i just want the ASR button next to the hazard switch to turn orange when you push it.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Re: the annoying ASR light on gauge cluster (mk4007)

I like it. I like when I've got passengers, and go into spirited winter driving, I press this button and the light comes on. People are like "whoah dude what's that button do?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts