VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Great car.. the seats were really good for it's day. The B17 was a total blacksheep motor as far as VTEC engines go... lower compression than it's B16 and B18 brethren.
I miss mine.

·
Registered
21,827 Posts
Re: (quazar311)

Quote, originally posted by quazar311 »
Great car.. the seats were really good for it's day. The B17 was a total blacksheep motor as far as VTEC engines go... lower compression than it's B16 and B18 brethren.
I miss mine.

Uhh, the seats are good for TODAY. Heck the whole car is great for today save the crash worthiness and emissions.
I miss the days when Honda made a driver's car with visibility that only convertibles could beat. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2009 WRX, 2003 Baja
5,974 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by elbee »
I remember this was the first VTEC for the masses, no? Very rare.
It was part of the "fired up fours" article. 6.8 to 60 and 90 in the quarter.

Depending on your definition of masses, yes. NSX was the first US production car with VTEC.

·
Registered
21,109 Posts
Re: FV-QR (bmann)

I had a 1993 GS, which had all the same bits as the GS-R save the motor and body coloured molding. Damn, I still miss that car. The low cowl, clear instruments, excellent ergonomics, big hatch, and grin factor made it so fantastic.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: (mr lee)

Quote, originally posted by mr lee »
"built for turns"

The Integra is the best handling* FWD car I have ever driven ( and that includes many sciroccos, mk1's and mk2's ) Have you ever driven one?

*=Based on grip, feel, and overall balance

Modified by Understeer Sandwich at 10:02 AM 8-27-2009

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by uncleho »

I miss the days when Honda made a driver's car with visibility that only convertibles could beat. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

+1 My dad and I just picked up a 1991 Civic with a B16A swapped in for Autocross duty. It's amazing how well you can see out of that vehicle compared to today's gunslit windows and high cowls. You can also roll the window down and rest your arm on top of the sill with having to **** it at a ridiculous angle.

·
Registered
21,827 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Professor Gascan)

Fo sure.
I would buy my 91 Civic Si again in a heartbeat if I could.
They weren't perfect cars by any stretch, but the total package was lightyears ahead of their competition then... and that they could somehow impart a driving position with as great a level of visibility is amazing, but today's world of crash protection has made it so that new generations of buyers will never experience that again.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've had a few Gen2 GS-R's slip through my hands because I delayed pulling the trigger. They hold their value well are are really sought after, except for the fact that every ghetto rice dude wants to put big rims on it and drop it to the floor, making everything about it suck. I had a 90 GS and that car was slow, but felt quick. The B17 was a great engine though - revved to 8k, good power and economy and an amazing shifter feel.
There is maybe 3 left in the whole country that are close to stock, well taken care of, and not rusted out completely. If I even find one that meets these standards, it will not get away. Especially a nice and bright green one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.