VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Which spoiler extensions are your favorite and why?

• aerofabb

• Artwork Bodyshop

• Flow Designs

• Hardcore Designs

• Rennwagen

• Strafe Design

• Vega Modified

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I appreciate this video, while I had been eyeing the aerofabb, I realized I don't want to drill into the car. :D

·
Registered
‘83 gti, ‘18 golf r, ‘81 g20 nomad, ‘75 rabbit
10 Posts
Thanks for sharing the vid! I have been wondering what it looked like in detail on the car. Still a bummer to pay for something you have to modify to fit or work correctly. Good work getting that part fixed right.

Yes, that’s Rennwagen.
glad it helped! i mean to be honest i wasn't that bummed about the fitment considering the cheap price. its so affordable i wouldn't be the least bit mad if this one flew off 2 months into ownership. it was all of 5 minutes of modyfying it with was was literally a pocket knife.

Expecting for aftermarket body parts to fit absolutely perfect out of the box, especially at the price point of the ECS spoiler, is wishful thinking. From watching the video, the little bit of modifying that he had to do sounds way more manageable than the knockoff parts on AliExpress and others.

I'm sold on this ECS option after seeing his video!

Josh

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
yup my thoughts exactly, well worth the money. im used to shoehorning all sorts of junk onto the mk1's, it might've been fine as is on the car but just didnt like how a few spots were sitting. the spots i shaved down couldn't have been much bigger than 1-2cm deep and 5cm wide on each side.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Installed the ECS spoiler. Initial thoughts: for the price, the fit was almost perfect, BUT, ECS needs to include additional double-sided tape. on the very upper edges of the extension on the sides of the car, it lifts off ever so slightly. However, it can easily be fixed by a small amount of double-sided tape. Probably would have to use tweezers or something to place it, but it would sit about 98% flush with the car.

Looks? Looks as good, especially on deep black pearl, as the Aerofabbs I've seen on GTIs, but a little more refined. If drilling into the car gives you heartburn, try this one. If I end up keeping this car long term, I'll probably eventually go with a more permanent option.

(Oh btw, I don't know wtf is up with ECS lately but I ordered this August 23, and just got it, and the weathertech rain guards today, yep, nearly a month later, when both were supposed to be in stock)

Automotive tail & brake light Plant Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive tail & brake light Car Plant Vehicle Grille
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

21 - 27 of 27 Posts