VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The best Jetta?

2K views 31 replies 27 participants last post by  akiwak 
#1 ·
What Jetta model (Frame type, style, ect) was the best production year overall?

#2 ·
Re: The best Jetta? (jcadman)

Sorry, I had to vote A2.
An A2 big-bumpered Jetta still looks the best in my opinion. It's a bit less fun to drive but it's so much easier to work on because there are more parts available and the engine bay is able to swallow just about anything.
For the smiles-per-mile factor though, A1s still rule!

#11 ·

A bit biased as I love my A1 2-dr sunroof GLI (I do like the A2 16V 2.0, though). Unfotunately, I'm now looking to sell the GLI: hit a deer, but no damage inside the front radiator support; in fact, I hit it on the beginning of a long trip, and the car made and finished the trip. One headlight lookin' at the road, on lookin' for it. So: crumpled hood and need front grill/bulkhead work, plus some rust touch-ups. Front fenders are just fine; they weren't affected.
The reason I've held on to it include the Neuspeed SofSports all around with Bilstein races up front, the tri-y header into stainless 2.25" exhaust, new injectors, and more. All within a year of hitting that damn deer.
Any interest? This car would make a great starting project, or an outstanding parts car.
e-mail if you are interested davjames@shaw.ca
Dave

#21 ·
Re: The best Jetta? (A1speedracer)

that's a hard choice...i honestly couldn't choose between any of them....so no vote for me.
i love the A1.
we have an A2, and it's great!
The A3 VR6 can be down right sexy!!!...if you want trunk space, i think that these have the biggest trunk ever!!!!!
and I can't wait till I can get an A4 V6 6-speed jetta wagon!!!!...talk about the ultimate "mom" car!
not that i'm a mom yet...but i'm sure

#24 ·

90- 92 A2 big bumper GLI. They are fun to drive, comfortable, they look modern, plenty of room, and are still lightweight enough to handle well. Also have the factory recaros, 2.0 16v, and other fun stuff. One of the most well-rounded VWs in my opinion.
Glen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.