VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6943 Posts

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
18,871 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I'm also watching the e34 since mine is pretty similar. (except stanced according to Ross) There seems to be a steady stream of M5s M6s and 928s there.

I keep an eye on all the vintage 4x4 stuff with thoughts of buying something out west and driving it home over a vacation and selling it.

I tossed a few bids at this one but it went over what I was willing to spend.

·
18,871 Posts
I'm also watching the e34 since mine is pretty similar. (except stanced according to Ross) There seems to be a steady stream of M5s M6s and 928s there.
Unstance that thing and put a wing on it.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I love BaT, I've bid on a few cars and always enjoy the discussions. I'm watching this 57 MG right now because it's a great little British classic that can make the owner eligible for certain vintage rallies.

·
Senior Sloth
2,678 Posts
I love BaT, I've bid on a few cars and always enjoy the discussions. I'm watching this 57 MG right now because it's a great little British classic that can make the owner eligible for certain vintage rallies.

Hnnngggg. That's a beautiful 1500 :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
6,945 Posts
I tent to watch early 996's in general, but this example caught my eye since it's painted in Obin Red. I mean, Arena Red :D

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-porsche-911-carrera-2/

Nice original finish except for the rear bumper, IMS bearing replaced, and recently reupholstered seats, and enough mileage that the car should be leak free without being too high at 75k. Looks like a nice example of the 996, interested to see what the transaction price will be.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
I bought a vehicle on BaT before. It was a great transaction and BaT had little to know involvement apart from being the platform.

Buyer called within minutes of winning and was easy to work with. Doubt they all go that way.

The one thing I love about BaT is that the peanut gallery does a great job of going over cars w/ a fine tooth comb.

·
Banned
257 Posts
I tent to watch early 996's in general, but this example caught my eye since it's painted in Obin Red. I mean, Arena Red :D

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-porsche-911-carrera-2/

Nice original finish except for the rear bumper, IMS bearing replaced, and recently reupholstered seats, and enough mileage that the car should be leak free without being too high at 75k. Looks like a nice example of the 996, interested to see what the transaction price will be.
I've thought about listing my 996 on BAT. It's currently the cheapest C4 cab on autotrader and I haven't gotten any bites, but 996's seem to do fairly well on BAT.

·
Registered
355 Posts

I keep an eye on all the vintage 4x4 stuff with thoughts of buying something out west and driving it home over a vacation and selling it.

I tossed a few bids at this one but it went over what I was willing to spend.

If this is the same Jeep that I am thinking of, it is a basketcase with nice paint on it.

·
18,871 Posts
Damn you Brendan. Now I'm watching the 510, and it's your fault my wife is looking at me angrily. I've known that car for a while. Spriso is the king in Datsun SR swaps, in my book.
Well if you need to make some room in the stable, I'm more than happy to car sit for you. I've been needing a new weekend car since I sold the E9. SS just doesn't cut it for weekend car duties.

I am going to T Hill west with the SS on Saturday. You should grab a toy and join. :thumbup:

·
Registered
21,506 Posts
1 - 20 of 6943 Posts