VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

4041 - 4060 of 7173 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,847 Posts
Driver Wanted. :cool:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-porsche-911-carrera-53/

1985 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe
CURRENT BID: $14,500 ENDS IN:

The 3.2-liter flat-six produced 200 horsepower and 185 lb-ft of torque when new, and power is sent to the rear wheels via a 915 five-speed manual transaxle. Maintenance performed in 2016 included rebuilding the transaxle with new gear synchronizers, replacing the steering-wheel bushings and the oil-cooler lines, repairing the throttle linkage and the fuel lines, and powdercoating the engine tin; an invoice for the work by Simple Auto Solutions of Boulder, Colorado is provided in the gallery.
The body was refinished in Guards Red by APEX Paint and Body of Lakewood, Colorado in 2014, as detailed on an invoice presented in the photo gallery below. The exterior features US-spec front and rear impact bumpers, a steel sunroof, and aftermarket chrome-tipped dual exhaust.
The interior features power-adjustable black leather sport seats that were reupholstered in 2014 by F&H Auto Upholstery of Wheat Ridge, Colorado, and the seller notes that the door cards were reupholstered with red leather. F&H also reupholstered the shifter boot, cover console, door pillar, and package tray in 2015.
This car’s recent work reads as a greatest hits of reputable Colorado shops. That alone should give bidders confidence. GLWTA. --Bleedsblue

·
Feels Like the First Time
6,870 Posts
Possibly the ultimate, non-M, analog BMW: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-bmw-540i-69/

1. Last year of e39 production
2. M-style goodies
3. Three pedals, 6 speeds, 8 cylinders
4. Not enough mileage to get to its first regularly scheduled cooling system replacement, but they kindly replaced the Tstat already.
5. Cali-only car, original owner until acquired by selling dealer last year.

Someone needs to buy this and drive the living piss out of it cross country and document the whole thing.

·
Registered
S2000
7,321 Posts
Possibly the ultimate, non-M, analog BMW: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-bmw-540i-69/

1. Last year of e39 production
2. M-style goodies
3. Three pedals, 6 speeds, 8 cylinders
4. Not enough mileage to get to its first regularly scheduled cooling system replacement, but they kindly replaced the Tstat already.
5. Cali-only car, original owner until acquired by selling dealer last year.

Someone needs to buy this and drive the living piss out of it cross country and document the whole thing.
Call me crazy, but I think the 530i takes the edge. No recirculating ball steering, better feel, and less V8 maintenance things.

Love the single exhaust, black trim, and wheels on the 540i M-Sports though. So perfect.

·
Registered
34,380 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2020 Subaru WRX
1,756 Posts
I had no idea that option package existed. I wonder how much that'll go for in the end.
I didn't either. I can't imagine it will boost the price though since it was designed to remove weight. It's not like it's a collectable M3 lightweight. It was also cheaper than the regular STI at the time. I was just looking back at my photos from DirtFish rally school and I'm certain my wife and I drove these Special Editions while we were there.

Like I said, I'm very curious to see where this ends up based on condition and that it's a Special Edition.

·
Registered
45,943 Posts

·
Registered
42,018 Posts
Tatty cosmetics but with the IMS already fixed, this is an intriguing driver if the price stays low..

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-porsche-911-carrera-30/

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera 6-Speed
CURRENT BID: $16,250 ENDS IN: 2:04:44

ended at 19, not too shabby. the endless grey interior is a buzzkill, as is any non-black 996 dash :laugh: but for the money and the IMS being done, definitely a great deal for a driver. i dig that dark blue :thumbup:

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
Understatement of the year right there Barry. This car looks like it was just off the production line. Maybe even better than off the production line.
The club awards are very telling. The LCOC literally wrote the Authenticity Manual that all cars are judged to. I lost 1/2 point for having the wrong color coil wire. It should have been brown instead of black. That demerit was the difference between first and third place. Never went back. However, some people love it.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
3,680 Posts
The club awards are very telling. The LCOC literally wrote the Authenticity Manual that all cars are judged to. I lost 1/2 point for having the wrong color coil wire. It should have been brown instead of black. That demerit was the difference between first and third place. Never went back. However, some people love it.
That sounds like the kind of show that I would love to go walk around. You'll never find other cars that are as "correctly" restored as you do at shows like that. I'd enter my car just to support the show and keep it going, but wouldn't expect to win anything and wouldn't really care what they had to say about my car.

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
That sounds like the kind of show that I would love to go walk around. You'll never find other cars that are as "correctly" restored as you do at shows like that. I'd enter my car just to support the show and keep it going, but wouldn't expect to win anything and wouldn't really care what they had to say about my car.
I, personally, prefer Concours events for the variety. LCOC events look like used cars lots with all the hoods up. Meh.

·
Feels Like the First Time
6,870 Posts
I, personally, prefer Concours events for the variety. LCOC events look like used cars lots with all the hoods up. Meh.
Loving your whipping of knowledge on the BaT comments, Barry. I saw that pop up the other day and was going to send it to you, and then all of the sudden... :laugh:

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
Loving your whipping of knowledge on the BaT comments, Barry. I saw that pop up the other day and was going to send it to you, and then all of the sudden... :laugh:
Someone that is interested in the car gave me a heads-up. Why do people get so perturbed when faced with facts?

4041 - 4060 of 7173 Posts