VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 7173 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I tent to watch early 996's in general, but this example caught my eye since it's painted in Obin Red. I mean, Arena Red :D

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-porsche-911-carrera-2/

Nice original finish except for the rear bumper, IMS bearing replaced, and recently reupholstered seats, and enough mileage that the car should be leak free without being too high at 75k. Looks like a nice example of the 996, interested to see what the transaction price will be.
Obin red is actually Orient Red.

thatsracist.gif

Chris

·
Registered
1996 LX450
369 Posts

·
Registered
1964 turbo corvair, 1976 bmw 2002, 1998 bmw 328is, 2001 corvette, 2001 bmw X5 5spd
4,321 Posts

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
39,853 Posts
The one thing I love about BaT is that the peanut gallery does a great job of going over cars w/ a fine tooth comb.
That's my favorite part.

No Reserve: 1983 Cadillac Eldorado ($502) Wife and I are still itching to get another 80s Caddy. Miss her Brougham.
The Biarritz convertibles are pretty rare, aren't they?

Edit....it's a coupe

I'm watching this. The color is gorgeous and if I were to want an Audi, it would be just like this.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-audi-s4-avant-4/

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
19,196 Posts
No-can-do this weekend. But May 7 I'll be at Sonoma Raceway with TMR.

Don't worry, we will find a weekend soon for you to drive my silver V8 around Orinda-grizzly peak while I swap into your SS.
Shoot me a text and lets figure it out. I might make it to Sonoma on the 7th if my Dad can't make T Hill this weekend. He seemed super pumped for the invite, so I want to attend an event where he can drive too.

·
19,196 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts

·
19,196 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I loved the peanut gallery on there. They really helped drive up the price on my 356. Then I had a guy come look at it and he spilled all over there about how nice it was, as soon as he said that it jumped another 10k. I'll be selling my 58 on there too after I take it through a show season. That site has the right people tapped; you put up a nice car that can be verified and it will sell for what its worth.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Can you not search by location?
you can not because its pretty much whatever is up for grabs at the time.

the majority i would say are in the us, with canada 2nd. occasionally something is overseas, like a recent r34 skyline in norway i think it was.

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
I love BaT, I've bid on a few cars and always enjoy the discussions.
I loved the peanut gallery on there. They really helped drive up the price on my 356. Then I had a guy come look at it and he spilled all over there about how nice it was, as soon as he said that it jumped another 10k. I'll be selling my 58 on there too after I take it through a show season. That site has the right people tapped; you put up a nice car that can be verified and it will sell for what its worth.

The discussions make BAT.

I worry that the knowledgeable commenters will get burned out with the increase in volume. How many times can Delia spout the same stuff about a Tii?

21 - 40 of 7173 Posts