VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

6921 - 6940 of 7167 Posts

·
Registered
15,292 Posts
I had probably the 1st two in the US come through at work (Fedex) when they went to Ft Stockton for high speed testing. They were pretty beat up when they came back. They were on aircraft pallets, so we did not get to move them around the cargo ramp or try them out on the runways.
I know some cars went through the Jaguar-sponsored "Fast Masters" series at Indianapolis Raceway Park. They put retired old racing drivers in very low and very wide half-million dollar supercars and set them loose on a 5/8 mile oval as a promotional event for Thursday Night Thunder. What could possibly go wrong?! That could possibly explain their condition on return. :D

·
Premium Member
3,540 Posts

·
Registered
BMW M3, Mazda CX-5, Ford E350, motorcycles
2,080 Posts
Those headlights are hideous.
This probably makes me an *******, but I question everything about that car based on the headlight choice. To think that is a good aesthetic means you may not be in control of your faculties.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just for Feels

im debating on putting both my Helios GLIs up for sale.... in the same auction. One is modded pretty heavily as far as engine/suspension/exhaust goes, and the other is close as hell too Stock as you can get. they both have less rust than the one that sold not to long ago for 20k in Florida, and has no Rot at all. The close to stock one has a rebuilt title, i had it inspected and it has never been hit, from the look of the door handle its bene pry'd open and maybe a stolen recovery? just hit 110k miles, the modded one has 130k on it, cupkit/tt cams/ tt exhaust/ Digi swap/ short shift/ 50mm intake, clean title.

A: what kind of attention do you think these would draw?
B: what kind of prices do you think it could pull? :beer:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
im debating on putting both my Helios GLIs up for sale.... in the same auction. One is modded pretty heavily as far as engine/suspension/exhaust goes, and the other is close as hell too Stock as you can get. they both have less rust than the one that sold not to long ago for 20k in Florida, and has no Rot at all. The close to stock one has a rebuilt title, i had it inspected and it has never been hit, from the look of the door handle its bene pry'd open and maybe a stolen recovery? just hit 110k miles, the modded one has 130k on it, cupkit/tt cams/ tt exhaust/ Digi swap/ short shift/ 50mm intake, clean title.

A: what kind of attention do you think these would draw?
B: what kind of prices do you think it could pull? :beer:
Sell them individually. Cars&bids might be better for these

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I know some cars went through the Jaguar-sponsored "Fast Masters" series at Indianapolis Raceway Park. They put retired old racing drivers in very low and very wide half-million dollar supercars and set them loose on a 5/8 mile oval as a promotional event for Thursday Night Thunder. What could possibly go wrong?! That could possibly explain their condition on return. :D
No, the ones we had come through were filled with testing equipment. Fort Stockton has a huge high speed tire testing track for Firestone, it's a 7.7 mile oval.

·
Premium Member
3,540 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Should I list my TT on BaT? There are none in the auction history so I have no prior listings to judge whether there is demand. The closest data point would be Mk5 R32 sales.

My car had a minor collision in 2008 and the rear bumper cover was replaced. Would that be enough to ruin its chances of a strong valuation on BaT?
Yes! I don't think many people realize that manual VR6 TTs even existed.

·
Premium Member
3,540 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,540 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
That ∆ really checks all the boxes for me, except that funky light blue leather colour. Even the bland default black option would that that much more appealing to me.
Too close to light grey leather, another least favourite leather colour.
How are these generation 7 series for reliability, aside from the usual BMW issues like cooling components?

Sent from Mars Ingenuity in flight using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,368 Posts
I actually like the blue, very fitting for a European car of this era. As for info on that generation 750il, I would ask Barry since he owns one he bought new.

·
Premium Member
3,540 Posts
6921 - 6940 of 7167 Posts