VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7141 - 7160 of 7360 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Is that car in the attic of a house or ?
It sure does look like it, dunno really.

Vast stacks of wide Minilites are sexy as hell tho.

Right now they've got a Yaris GR up on the block,
interesting.

Lack of commentary makes that site less engaging altho it is cool to see stuff we never get over here.

I love reading all the comments on BaT.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,519 Posts
Cool VW bus.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
'Ludes man, F***IN' LUDES! #DenisLeary
It's not an SH, but it does have leather: BaT has a 2001 Honda Prelude 5-speed with 52K miles on the clock:

Kind of disappointing that it doesn't have power seats. My 2000 SVT Contour had that...

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Have y'all ever seen those lottery style car raffles they do in the UK?

First time I saw such I though it was scammy, but apparently it's a real thing and there's quite a few in operation.

i.e.:
just saw this R53 MINI slicktop...

...very cheap entry fee, but absolutely lacking details about the car,
video is total crap too:

But it made me wonder why anything similar ain't ever made it Stateside on a larger scale?

I may have missed it tho,
any big online raffle type lottery thingies in USA for cars?

Like $5 a ticket or whatever.

I mean JAYSUS!

I'd deffo throw a few quid at a chance to win a brand new Yaris GR!

What if BaT added something like that option for certain cars that are higher mileage or not expected to go astronomical with bidding?

·
Registered
4,037 Posts

First time I saw such I though it was scammy, but apparently it's a real thing and there's quite a few in operation.

i.e.:

video is total crap too:

But it made me wonder why anything similar ain't ever made it Stateside on a larger scale?

I mean JAYSUS!

What if BaT added something like that option for certain cars that are higher mileage or not expected to go astronomical with bidding?
Have you not been inundated with ads for omaze? I’ve seen EVWest converted 912s, GT40s, and van life Sprinters advertised for charity raffles.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Have you not been inundated with ads for omaze? I’ve seen EVWest converted 912s, GT40s, and van life Sprinters advertised for charity raffles.
I have not.

But wow, looks cool and I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

Thanks!

Would have tossed some lettuce on this one just for a chance...

...the winner Stephen L. looks barely old enough to drive!

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Holy crap. Jeff Gordon short track car from 1996 and 1997 when he won it all. Car has three victories and seven top-five finishes. This was peak Nascar for me.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts

i.e.:

video is total crap too:

I mean JAYSUS!

There's something about straight lotteries that are governed by gambling regulations. BOTB requires you to look at a picture and place the location of a digitally removed football so that it's a skill-based game rather than a pure game of chance. Presumably there are charitable exceptions, but Omaze offers a free entry option probably because they have to. Essentially the whole sale by lottery model is fraught with legal landmines. Every time I've seen one on FB I cringe.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,285 Posts
I'm starting to resign myself to the idea that I will never own an air-cooled 911.

This car is local to me, just sold for $77k. Unless I'm mistaken, there is nothing special about this model and configuration.

Seventy-seven thousand dollars.

·
Registered
BMW M3, Mazda CX-5, Ford E350, motorcycles
2,267 Posts
I'm starting to resign myself to the idea that I will never own an air-cooled 911.

This car is local to me, just sold for $77k. Unless I'm mistaken, there is nothing special about this model and configuration.

Seventy-seven thousand dollars.

I'm starting to look at 930 and 964 targas and cabs as I want one, too. If you can deal with a bit of flex, they're still affordable.

7141 - 7160 of 7360 Posts