VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7301 - 7318 of 7318 Posts

·
Registered
46,440 Posts
Is it only me or does anyone else think that this may be the worst color ever for a Hummer H1?

·
Registered
34,466 Posts
I can't believe that Corrado isn't at 20k yet with less than 20 hours to go.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I wanted that 348 bad but timing isn't right.

·
Registered
Model 3P, AP2 S2K, 981 Boxster S
3,632 Posts
I am convinced of 2 things regarding BaT.

1. hedge funds are in here buying cars as an asset class, storing them away
2. 60% of buyers are bitcoin rich. Like who dafuq is paying $100k+ for a 92' NSX and a S2000 CR?

At first it was like "cool, cars i like are holding steady". Then it was "wow, that is a nice example a big fan waited to yolo on. good for them". and Now its like "WHAT THE ****, I will never be able to buy this car ever"

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
God I love these cars for some reason.

View attachment 70830

View attachment 70831

I do too.

My biggest regret is not getting one back when they were undervalued and easily obtainable.

Came close on several occasions but never pulled the trigger which turned out to be a sad fate.

One of the most memorable test drives I've ever had was with Paul Spruell's son where I was looking at a '74, such fun and he was egging me on to thrash it harder, was cheap at like $5,700 but had a horrible respray in an ugly color so I passed.

Another shop in town that I always drove by was Auto Delta on Clairmont Rd. --- one day noticed a '67 GTV Jr. for sale there, it was owned by one of the mechanics and talked to me about it but I didn't get to drive it, a beautiful white stepnose example in wonderful condition --- although the asking price was reasonable at $6,500 it was beyond my means at the time.

On a happenstance backroad drive to a relatives house I noticed a derelict '69 1750 GTV sitting at on old closed down gas station that had been converted to a small shop, stopped and talked with the owner and inspected the car, it was a basketcase that would have required reassembly but all the parts were there including those unique one-year-only "flying buttress" seats, it was a bit rusty and had a very sloppy install of GTA flares --- but it could have been mine for $1,500! I'm still kicking myself for not getting it, d'oh!

I went to AROC convention in '95 and as well as looking at all the cars I browsed the marketplace, one guy was a bookseller who had many magazines/books related to Alfa and happened to have a title I could not resist buying:
Alleggerita by Tony Adriaensens which had been released one year prior --- it cost me $100 and the friend that I had brung along thought I was nuts for paying so much for a book! Well, it is a damn glorious book! Much much later noticed that the prices fetched online were quite high so I ended up selling my copy for $650 --- at peak the values were astronomical:

But,
after a deluxe reprint is now available they've settled back down:

·
Registered
Tippy Austrian and Practical Czech
1,033 Posts
Used Land Cruiser prices are just nuts.
Even here in the upside down, where LCs are everywhere, value of 80s and 100s are exploding. Deep regrets having to sell my 175k km 2004 to free up cash to settle divorce... Would have almost doubled in price from 12 months ago.

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,293 Posts
Also - WTF? I can't believe this is BaT worthy.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
At some point there's going to be a noughties equivalent of RAD. And when that hits, just you wait. 3k miles on a 15-year-old econobox is just silly.

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Anyone catch this E30 that sold? I know E30 prices are going up but $8100 for a relatively beat 318is seems high even for BAT. Makes me wonder what I could get for mine...

7301 - 7318 of 7318 Posts