VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7681 - 7700 of 7723 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,605 Posts

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Dave there is a distinct lack of green Porsches in your garage.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I'm not sure there are any at this point.
I am, indeed, Porsche-less. For the first time since 1998. Interestingly, my wife just yesterday said that she thinks it is weird I don’t have a Porsche (after having three not long ago).

So I’m always looking. Green would be good for my Skittles collection. So I’ve focused on 997.1 GT3 RS. But for that price, a 991.1 or 991.2 GT3 is more like something I can use every day. My wife wants me to have one with A/C and comfy seats. That’s all.

·
Registered
2006 LS430, 2012 GX460, 2005 ES330, 2018 Explorer PI
2,691 Posts
I don't keep up with Audi so I didn't even know these were in existence.
39k-Mile 2013 Audi A8L W12 Quattro

Seriously, great color combo and the L really does it for me but damn, I'm sure it gets expensive quick when things go wrong with it...

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I am, indeed, Porsche-less. For the first time since 1998. Interestingly, my wife just yesterday said that she thinks it is weird I don’t have a Porsche (after having three not long ago).

So I’m always looking. Green would be good for my Skittles collection. So I’ve focused on 997.1 GT3 RS. But for that price, a 991.1 or 991.2 GT3 is more like something I can use every day. My wife wants me to have one with A/C and comfy seats. That’s all.
Shame you sold the Cayman it sounded properly sorted. What compelled that? Is the Gt350R categorically better as a toy?

·
Premium Member
3,605 Posts

·
Registered
11,641 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LS430, 2012 GX460, 2005 ES330, 2018 Explorer PI
2,691 Posts
JUN-Modified 1996 Honda Civic Hatchback 5-Speed

Ended yesterday, reserve not met at $26k. Car has a genuine JUN crate engine, which if you know anything about JUN, you know they spent some bucks on it.

Should have been a sweet car but it has some awful Sparco bits (those seats are garbage) and the seller didn't engage with any of the prospective buyers. Not sure what a proper price should be on this car. The motor (if it's legit) is a big money item and the wheels are solid gold, not sure about the rest of it. I don't think I would want to spend too much more than the $26k... car still has a ways to go to really take advantage of that motor.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Shame you sold the Cayman it sounded properly sorted. What compelled that? Is the Gt350R categorically better as a toy?
I know, I know! Shame on me! But I had it for 9 years. Yes, the GT350R is objectively better around a track. More fun, too, in sone ways (gotta work harder at it, and more playful at high speed). And I miss the Cayman, but it was always in need if “one more update”. Little things go wrong on a car like that which was not designed for hard track use like a GT3 or GT4 (power steering pumps, for example, cooling systems, etc). And before I got to the point of stripping it out, I decided to sell it to a track buddy, who really, really wanted it because his 996 TT couldn’t keep up with my Cayman. He’s happy with it and continues the upgrades (wing, splitter, harnesses, race seat, etc…. And he removed the green vinyl to go back to black). He’s in the same track club as me, so now I get to run against it! We are both in this pic.

7681 - 7700 of 7723 Posts