VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7701 - 7720 of 7723 Posts

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
4,231 Posts
These are really exciting. For some reason, I want to say this is from the guy that did the conversion for RVAE34's 740.

2001 BMW 740iL S62 6-speed
Yep, pretty sure it is one of Trevor's. He's done 10 swaps, if I remember right. First one was his, the rest were all customers.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,703 ·
Man, that’s amazing. What is your guess on hammer price on this?
It's hard to call, but guessing above $40K. The great thing about BAT is their analytics. All I did was search "S62-powered" and came up with a great history.

·
Registered
42,487 Posts
my buddys gti is back on BaT

curious to see what it goes for this time...

i think it looked a lot better when he sold it with enkeis on it, but alas.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
If you're going to swap an engine why use the boat anchor ABA of all things.

·
Registered
42,487 Posts
If you're going to swap an engine why use the boat anchor ABA of all things.
it was swapped coming up on 20 years ago.
or i should say, that motor ended up in that car probably closer to 10-15 years ago, but came out of a different mk1 that had it installed around 20 years ago

yeah, these days? i wouldnt bother with that...

it has a big cam in it, and having done all the tuning and spending quite a bit of time behind the wheel and in the passenger seat i can confirm it pulls quite well and sounds nice doing it :)
id have probably built a big cam 16v for it if it were my car, but im biased to those things.

·
Registered
2006 LS430, 2012 GX460, 2005 ES330, 2018 Explorer PI
2,691 Posts
It's crazy what the value of an R34 is, without it even being at the 25 year mark. Sadly, I think once they hit the market where they are legal for US import, they will be priced in such a way that most enthusiasts will not be able to afford them. The days of buying a cheap R32 are over also as more and more people are scooping them up. I swore I was going to find the cleanest white R33 but once I figured out how much that would cost, yeah, not gonna' happen.

Once I get ready for a RHD vehicle, it'll just have to be something quirky because the JDM all star line up is just going to be too expensive for a 25+ year old vehicle. I'm looking at you Evo, STi, Type R anything, etc.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,714 ·
I thought this was really cool. It's already very rare to see a 964 flat nose, but I had no idea they made a 930-style.

"standard" 964 slant nose

BAT Ad said:
This 1994 Porsche 911 Turbo S 3.6 is one of just 10 examples equipped with the X83 Flachbau (flat nose) option produced exclusively for the Japanese market. All X83 Flachbau were finished in Polar Silver Metallic (A8) with 930-style flat-nose louvered front fenders, pop-up headlights, extended side sills, black side strakes, and twin-pipe exhaust tips.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
26,242 Posts
Who wants a Boogie Van?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LS430, 2012 GX460, 2005 ES330, 2018 Explorer PI
2,691 Posts
Some of the worst photos I've seen in recent memory are on this Allante auction;
Original-Owner 1993 Cadillac Allante

Like the spiderwebs on the exhaust. Funny side story, when I worked at Camp Chevrolet many, many years ago... our system for specialized tools and shop manuals was just "dump them in a pile". New management had the idea to sort everything and discard the old manuals for cars that never came through. In 3 years of working there, I think I saw one Allante. Anyways, I ended up taking a ton of service manuals home that were headed for the dumpster. Listed a few on eBay, including an Allante manual.. some Allante specialty shop in Florida IIRC bought it and asked if I had any others. Ended up selling all the Allante manuals as a lot for something like $500. Easiest money ever.

7701 - 7720 of 7723 Posts