VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
9401 - 9420 of 9636 Posts

·
Registered
1989 M3, 1998 M3, 2000 323it
1,980 Posts
I spent high school listening to taking back Sunday in my e30 and spent $500 to see them and other bands at warped tour 3 hours away.
I'm now 37 and listening to taking back Sunday in my much more expensive e30, with my wife and kid, and spending 3k to go to Vegas to see them and other bands. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I spent high school listening to taking back Sunday in my e30 and spent $500 to see them and other bands at warped tour 3 hours away.
I'm now 37 and listening to taking back Sunday in my much more expensive e30, with my wife and kid, and spending 3k to go to Vegas to see them and other bands. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
Deng broh you going to When We Were Young in October?

·
Registered
1989 M3, 1998 M3, 2000 323it
1,980 Posts
Yeah the first Saturday. A few of the bigger bands are way too poppy for me, but Thursday, TBS, Afi, alkaline trio, TSSF. Hot damn……

Reactions: simple

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,404 ·
Upon further review, this one is in no better shape than my old 76. Well, my 76 had a solid 1.8L in it.
Apparently I struck a nerve by asking if it was actually an "S" model.

This is why you always stay away from repainted cars with non-matching engine bay and interior and exterior.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Apparently I struck a nerve by asking if it was actually an "S" model.

This is why you always stay away from repainted cars with non-matching engine bay and interior and exterior.
If cheap enough, I'd be all over it.
I loved my 76. Such a riot to drive. Especially once I swapped out the 1.6 for the 1.8 and TT cam.

Something like this, id be redoing entirely. Including stripping the paint. Then trying to find a door handle and on and on.
It was hard to find stuff 20 years ago. I'd hate to start looking now.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
[
If cheap enough, I'd be all over it.
I loved my 76. Such a riot to drive. Especially once I swapped out the 1.6 for the 1.8 and TT cam.

Something like this, id be redoing entirely. Including stripping the paint. Then trying to find a door handle and on and on.
It was hard to find stuff 20 years ago. I'd hate to start looking now.
You might want to take another real hard look at those pics. Someone is covering up a LOT of sins. That car would have to be free for me to take it.

·
Just Going with the FLO.
4,417 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts

·
Registered
M3, CX-5, Tahoe, motorcycles
3,384 Posts
I saw TBS in 2005 (I think). I still have Louder Now on regular rotation..... in my nostalgia-fuelled E36.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
BaT has a still brand new, basically, 1987 Saab 900 convertible with the correct transmission. "Still brand new, basically" = 246 miles. No zeros or K missing.

With five days left, it's bidding at almost twice its 1987 MSRP. So, basically the selling price might be MSRP adjusting for inflation... :)
😮
$145,000!

·
Chili Bigot
(boop/ bop/ beep)
21,513 Posts
How is this even possible?

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Hood

·
Registered
4,961 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Golf Sportwagen 4motion
4,570 Posts
I always wonder what the story is behind these random low mile cars... I mean, it's just a Miata right? Dare I say...

Indeed - this homeboy bought a brand new MG in 1980 and parked it in his garage not to be moved for 40+ years. Delivered with 9 miles on the odo, sold by Mecum with 12 miles.

Reactions: vwishndaetr

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,305 Posts
Replace the steering wheel and this would be almost perfect...
There's also this little gem...
A cheap (for now) and relatively clean 7-series...
50k-Mile 1995 BMW 740iL
My dream bike...
And last but not least, this sick ass Panther that just needs a little paint correction...

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,305 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I always wonder what the story is behind these random low mile cars... I mean, it's just a Miata right? Dare I say...

A lot convertible sports cars with really low mileage come from owners that have them stashed at their beach getaway houses. This one is exceptionally low but it's plausible.
Same thing applies to 4x4s at mountain houses.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Sometimes it's old people who buy right before something prevents them from using the vehicle. Or they have another vehicle that they use for trips more often. My grandparents bought a new Honda Accord in 2003 that I'm pretty sure hasn't cracked 10k miles yet. While my grandfather was still alive he was the primary driver and always drove his Honda Element on family outings.

Reactions: elite.mafia
9401 - 9420 of 9636 Posts