VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 7185 Posts

·
Registered
11,522 Posts
I'm not a buyer on that car, but if I was, $13-14k. Engine scares me too much. They love to explode, and it's $12-15k to make them right again. Too much risk for a car that will seem slow as crap for me too. I'd rather get an M30 powered Euro 635CSi and have all of the looks and none of the mechanical worries.

You wouldn't be giving up much seat of the pants performance either I don't think.

The older I get the more I appreciate the search for the right car. When I was younger the money burned a hole in my pocket and I bought the first thing I found.

Searching for a nice Euro E24 would be good times.

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
19,222 Posts
You wouldn't be giving up much seat of the pants performance either I don't think.

The older I get the more I appreciate the search for the right car. When I was younger the money burned a hole in my pocket and I bought the first thing I found.

Searching for a nice Euro E24 would be good times.
It has over 90hp over a 635, but it's all high end. You're absolutely right, and unless you're hammering the piss out of it, I doubt you'd see a massive difference. Against my SS, both will feel slow as crap, so I might as well take the reliable and torquier feeling one.

I'm on the casual Euro E24, E28 and GTV hunt. See the right thing, strike. Don't see the right thing? Wait. Took me a few years to find my E9, but I'll hopefully find something quicker than that. :laugh:

·
Feels Like the First Time
6,870 Posts
I hate that I have an urge to own a vintage boat and a vintage thing to tow said vintage boat. Don't think I'll ever have enough jnms to scratch that itch
You saw the FJ40/Larson I posted on a previous page, right? Swoon.

·
Feels Like the First Time
6,870 Posts
Yes and was what I was referencing, though I had the old page loaded and figured no need to quote since right below. Incorrect!
I'll accept that. :D

BTW, the one you posted of the Ford/Chris Craft... OMG.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,278 Posts

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
My coworker bought that green S4 Avant unintentionally. It'll be here tomorrow apparently. :laugh:

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
how do you buy a car unintentionally? he not understand how bidding works, or when he clicked through the multiple confirmations he was high? :rolleyes:
Just goofing off and didn't expect to buy it.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I love them but they are truly awful cars. If you just park them...okay. Otherwise they are very hard to keep running.

Yow....get that '83 for seven grand and all bets are off I'd drive it anyway. Very nice car. We'll see. If it sneaks to ten then I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
For $8k or whatever it went for, it's going to be a pretty cool daily. The rust was a big put off, though.
I think it was like $9101. We'll see how bad the rust is in person, but we do have a very good body shop available to us. :thumbup:

61 - 80 of 7185 Posts