VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Bring A Trailer (BAT) watch thread

1M views 12K replies 546 participants last post by  Zinhead1 
#1 ·
I think we're overdue for a thread to post or discuss the wonderful oddities and tragedies from Bring A Trailer .

What are you watching?
What can you reasonably afford?
What are you bidding on?

#216 ·

Winning bid was $49k

#249 ·
If the rust is deep enough that would have to be cut out and welded. Done properly it's a good fix. Done improperly and it will come right back.

It's definitely rust. I zoomed-in with the iPad and you can see some nasty old iron oxide working its way out of the paint.

#254 ·
This 911 is just what I would be looking for if I were in the market.

Colors, options, condition, history. A little beat up, faded, but taken care of.

Price should stay reasonable with the miles and body condition.

I'll be day dreaming of a johntesi type trip in this around the west after picking it up in CA.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-porsche-911sc-7/#comment-1600599

#255 ·
This 911 is just what I would be looking for if I were in the market.
Yeah, that thing would be great on a winding country road. :heart:

When I was a kid my grandfather lived on a farm down a long, long gravel road in the country and if I had a "perfect" Porsche I wouldn't ever want to take it down there. This car? I'd not only take it down there, but I'd drive it with a bit of zeal! :)

#264 ·
Is it just me or do majority of the vehicles on BaT end up going for less money than what many may expect?

#276 · (Edited)
That MGA is simply perfect. It is a shame that MG did not figure out the problems with the carbs when they were new. Otherwise, they might still be in business as a non-Chinese company today.

Alfaholics is developing a brand similar to what Singer has for Porsche's, and the parts likely enhance the value of the GTV. Besides, it comes with the original wheels if a buyer wanted to back that route.

#280 ·
:thumbup: Dayum that's friggin' sweet right there! :eek: