VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
201 - 220 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here I go again! My new toy I just picked up today, 1982 rabbit LS 1.7FI 5 spd. hope you guys here can give me some direction on where to go with this. I am leaning towards a ABA swap just for reliability. Planning on coil overs and springs and all that. I know cars but this is my first VW so lines to parts and general info is what I am after. Thanks again to all you guys out there who are true enthusiasts and keeping the fun going. Unfortunatly I cannot put pics in this post yet so I guess thats the first thing I need to fix lol
Did u do the aba swap? I am wondering what pulley I have to put in place of the a/c pump I removed ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Started doing my round headlight conversion and the new core support isn't fitting correct to the inner wheel well pinch welds

Anyone else come into an issue like this and if so what did you do to get it to fit correct.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Started doing my round headlight conversion and the new core support isn't fitting correct to the inner wheel well pinch welds

Anyone else come into an issue like this and if so what did you do to get it to fit correct.

I just did mine this year in my project; I just cut out the inner fender and added more steel to fill the hole. Lots of hacking + welding, but ended up looking fine. The pictures are somewhere in here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8822913-Yet-another-MK1-rabbit-mid-engine-build-thread

201 - 220 of 224 Posts