VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, explain, and debate the origins and meanings of any and all TCL inside jokes that come to your mind. I'll start off with the greatest (well tied for the lead with Enzodude, which I expect a full report on)
1.8t nevar lose...
The Volkswagen 1.8 litre turbo 20v inline four motor is the greatest invention known to man. Since its inception in 0 AD (it is rumored that Jesus Christ drove the first 1.8t back to Heaven after his ressurection, which explains its godlike powers, he has since upgraded to a Cayman, following in Hawc IIs footsteps. The Catholic Church is said to be hiding both of these facts[additional reading: see Tha Vinchi Codez, Yo]) it has yet to be bested in reliability, (ESPECIALLY RELIABILITY) speed, tunability, its godlike forged internals which can take extremely high boost without complaint (why you'd want to mod a 1.8t is beyond me, as they are perfect, I mean, they Nevar lose!) and for some reason, the refinement of any interior the 1.8t may be a part of is just that much better, it is the best sounding motor in the world, it has the most soul, and it is probably tbe only motor on this Earth capable of nullifying the Wormhole opening powers of Honda's legendary VTEC motors.
The statement "1.8t nevar lose" is so old, and obscure that not even veteran Car Loungers know what the true source of it was, it is akin to the statement "two crubs, sum brikks, and a fents" as both statements are made by someone lacking education, or will to be educated. Many people spend their entire lives searching for the origin of the 1.8t nevar losing, all in vain. For now, all we can do is think of the motor, the myth, the legend, and the legacy that is; 1.8t nevar lose

Modified by satisfied at 1:06 AM 1-12-2008

·
Registered
2018 Platinum Gray Sportwagen S / 2020 Pure Gray Atlas Cross Sport SEL-P
2,130 Posts
Re: The Car Lounge Inside Joke Thread (BTM)

Quote, originally posted by BTM »
shouldnt this go on the wikipedia page

We have one?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: The Car Lounge Inside Joke Thread (The Road Warrior)

Quote, originally posted by The Road Warrior »

We have one?

It would get booted off the page as wikipedia is trying to clean itself up and people whistle blow on pages that are just silly, which is why the encyclopedia dramatica was created for the silly pages to have a home, the bad part about that is that they could get distorted and forgotten, what better place to put a TCL history page than in TCL?
Whistle tips if anyone wants to take it, its yours.

·
Registered
35,639 Posts
Re: The Car Lounge Inside Joke Thread (satisfied)

Quote, originally posted by satisfied »
Whistle tips if anyone wants to take it, its yours.

Bubb Rubb and Lil' Sis were proud to show it off.

·
Registered
2018 Platinum Gray Sportwagen S / 2020 Pure Gray Atlas Cross Sport SEL-P
2,130 Posts
Re: The Car Lounge Inside Joke Thread (AZGolf)

Quote, originally posted by AZGolf »

Bubb Rubb and Lil' Sis were proud to show it off.

"But that's only in the mornin....you're posta be up cookin breyfast or somthin by then."
[Shows off whistle tip for cameras by driving crazily down the wrong side of the street and blows right through a stop sign]

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: The Car Lounge Inside Joke Thread (SpeedRicer)

Hahaha, i searched for the origin of that and couldn't find it, I freakin love your post man, you just made my day, and I got my motorcycle license today, so basically, this is one of the greatest things that ever happened to me.
"I bought a bagel this morning, I'm not making a thread about it on BagelForums.com!!!"
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
23,418 Posts

Jamie should come and see this thread. She would love it.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Re: (nm+)

Quote, originally posted by nm+ »
I just bought a 90's Japanese supercar.
Any guesses?

Well, you didn't say it was a "hyper"car, so it was probably just the base 3000GT.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
BAN HAWC!
'Nuff said.

EDIT:
Quote, originally posted by SVT2888 »

Hawc is like the kid at school who wouldn't shut up, would always come up with the stupidest questions, would ask about things no one cared about, and would show off repeatedly that he had something you didn't. That is why when ever he post we in the CL say "Ban Hawc" it is our own special way of saying shut up we don't care.
I hope this clears it up.

Modified by dumkopf at 12:09 AM 1-13-2008

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The Jeep 4.0 i6
Quote, originally posted by Wellington P Funk »
I've said it before, but the Jeep 4.0L engine is the toughest, least maintenance-demanding engine I have ever had personal experience with. Folks on the internet know that the Jeep 4.0L is durable, but they know little of its history.
The original Jeep 4.0L inline-six was hewn from a solid block of granite by lightning bolts. Its cylinders were bored by the Imperial Winds and its rotating assembly was balanced by the Scales of Justice. The Ancient Egyptians used Jeep 4.0L engines to move the blocks which built the Pyramids, only switching to slave labor when it was found to be cheaper than the olive oil used to fuel the engines. Scientists have ranked the Jeep 4.0L engine as one of the strongest forces of nature, racking right up there with tectonic plate shifts for its low-end torque, and being surpassed by hurricanes only for its comparatively low redline. Mechanics have found imprints of fossilized dinosaur bones in block castings, and serial numbers in Roman numerals are a common sight. The design of the 4.0L's fuel injection system has been traced to the archives of Leonardo DaVinci, and early manuscripts of Shakespeare plays have been used as head gaskets for this engine (which, incidentally, explains the gaps in Shakespeare's collected works as well as the 4.0L's tendancy to leak oil). The engine's ancient roots also explain its ability to run on some very non-conventional fuels (original translations of the Rosetta Stone include evidence of Jeep 4.0L engines running on ox blood) as well as lubrications (during the Middle Ages, Jeep 4.0L crankcases were often filled with barley, with no detrimental effect on power output). Historians maintain that the fall of the Roman Empire hinged on their inability to design a superior engine, and had the Titanic been powered by a 4.0L Jeep engine, 1912 might have been a much happier year. Yes, had early-20th-century naval engineers had a touch more foresight, the Jeep 4.0L may have saved mankind from ever having to endure Leonardo DiCaprio and Celene Dion in the same sitting.
The only weakness in this otherwise unstoppable force of nature? Emissions. Yes, the engine's design may have come from the hand of Zeus, and its exhaust note at full throttle may have reverberated along the rock formations of Arizona to forge the Grand Canyon, but by the year 2007 its crude emissions control (originally consisting of papyrus strips soaked in the tears of the young Tutankhaman) had become outmoded, and the legendary, nay Biblical force of the Jeep 4.0L was put to rest.

Who is gonna explain when VTAK KICKED IN YO?

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,728 Posts

Hahaha, i searched for the origin of that and couldn't find it, I freakin love your post man, you just made my day, and I got my motorcycle license today, so basically, this is one of the greatest things that ever happened to me.
"I bought a bagel this morning, I'm not making a thread about it on BagelForums.com!!!"

Thank you, thank you. [George Costanza] That's it for me folks, I'm outta here! [/Costanza]

·
Registered
4,036 Posts

dayummm this got here quick.
hmm.. nevermind. just went back and read the date. it took couple of years..

Modified by atxse-R at 6:33 AM 1-12-2008

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,728 Posts
Re: The Car Lounge Inside Joke Thread (atxse-R)

Quote, originally posted by atxse-R »

dayummm this got here quick.

4 years is quick?

1 - 20 of 501 Posts