VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice we don't really have a "general" thread. So much like the OT's CSB thread... how about one gun related.

1. No dirty politics crap
2. No discussions/arguments on 2A
3. No 9mm vs. .45 type crap
4. No "discussions" on tragic crimes and events

I occasionally check a gun-friendly blog(ish) site. Unfortunately, they're a little out of the bell curve for my taste. But I saw an article where a guy cut the barrel of his AR in support of the anti-gun #oneless or #onefewer or something. Problem was... he just made an SBR without paying the tax or going through the checks. He also is not serious, as all he has to do is get a new barrel and shroud. He didn't get rid of anything. What a geinious.

I know I'm not a firearms expert, but I have the cursory knowledge to know when someone's a complete BS'er.

I need to hunker down and start building my ARs. After moving, getting a new job, health issues with the wife, I'm getting back into needing a small mechanical project. ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I like this idea.

A couple things:

r/gundeals is a wallet killer. With that said, I ordered an alloy frame CZ p-01 this past weekend for a great price. I have Friday off to break it in with the 150 rounds it came with. Wife gave few f*cks. Success.

I didn’t take a single shot hunting this year. The FIL and I spent lots of time trying to make the ranch a sanctuary - we added two 10 acre food plots and ran lines from the well to keep the pond filled. I feel (hope) the time without pressure will bring more deer as the surrounding ranches put them under a lot of pressure. We did trap and harvest lots of pigs, however. Those bastards will never stop, but they taste great.

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,645 Posts
Well, this form has really died out over the last few years... Whatever happened to Elbows??

On Topic: SIG IOP finally added the P320X and X-carry as well as the P365 to the program... Can't argue with the prices. I've also been looking at the HK USP 45 Tactical (I have a can)... Although those prices didn't drop with the rest of HK's offerings.

I hate money.

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, this form has really died out over the last few years... Whatever happened to Elbows??

On Topic: SIG IOP finally added the P320X and X-carry as well as the P365 to the program... Can't argue with the prices. I've also been looking at the HK USP 45 Tactical (I have a can)... Although those prices didn't drop with the rest of HK's offerings.

I hate money.
I like money. I'd like more of it. I hate that the things I love to do cost a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
SIG Voluntary "Upgrade" for the P320.
For those of you who don't own a Sig Sauer P320, there was a video produced last late summer early fall showing a P320 doing an accidental discharge when hitting the ground at a specific angle.
So Sig decided to modify the gun to make it safer. I own a 9mm in Compact and Full Size. I went through their process of obtaining a FedEx shipping label to send the guns to Sig for the upgrade work.
Total turn around was 2.5 weeks. The only thing that sucked, I had to burn a personal day to be home to show ID and sign for the FedEx package. They wouldn't deliver to an address that wasn't registered to the firearm and FedEx would not hold the gun at their facility for pickup.

Upgrade modification - Different lighter trigger, milled the slide and changed the sear.

I was able to try it out this past weekend and I really like the revised trigger and the way it performed.
Since I picked up an Olight PL-1 Mini Valkyrie weapon light for it, I ordered a new IWB Kydex Holster that would accommodate the gun / light combo (HIE Holsters) on Amazon. :thumbup:
Now I can return the .357 revolver back to the gun safe.

Life Is Good !!

·
Registered
48 Posts
SIG Voluntary "Upgrade" for the P320.
For those of you who don't own a Sig Sauer P320, there was a video produced last late summer early fall showing a P320 doing an accidental discharge when hitting the ground at a specific angle.
So Sig decided to modify the gun to make it safer. I own a 9mm in Compact and Full Size. I went through their process of obtaining a FedEx shipping label to send the guns to Sig for the upgrade work.
Total turn around was 2.5 weeks. The only thing that sucked, I had to burn a personal day to be home to show ID and sign for the FedEx package. They wouldn't deliver to an address that wasn't registered to the firearm and FedEx would not hold the gun at their facility for pickup.

Upgrade modification - Different lighter trigger, milled the slide and changed the sear.

I was able to try it out this past weekend and I really like the revised trigger and the way it performed.
Since I picked up an Olight PL-1 Mini Valkyrie weapon light for it, I ordered a new IWB Kydex Holster that would accommodate the gun / light combo (HIE Holsters) on Amazon. :thumbup:
Now I can return the .357 revolver back to the gun safe.

Life Is Good !!
I got a free rental from my local indoor range. I tried the P320 full size. I loved it. Great trigger, nice grip, hardly any recoil. I love my M&P's, but man, was that 320 nice.

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LL Bean will not sell guns to under 21, similar to Dick's. Never knew they sold guns. Hilarious joke going out about Cabela's still sells to 18-21, because they're not Dick's.

Perhaps I'll go try out the SIG.

·
Registered
32,645 Posts
LL Bean will not sell guns to under 21, similar to Dick's. Never knew they sold guns. Hilarious joke going out about Cabela's still sells to 18-21, because they're not Dick's.

Perhaps I'll go try out the SIG.
In the newest case of virtue signaling, REI has decided not to reorder products from companies under the Vista Outdoor umbrella. Vista owns Federal and Savage as well as some other garbage accessory companies.

Their non-shooting stuff includes Giro, Bell, Camelbak. and a ton of other stuff.

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the newest case of virtue signaling, REI has decided not to reorder products from companies under the Vista Outdoor umbrella. Vista owns Federal and Savage as well as some other garbage accessory companies.

Their non-shooting stuff includes Giro, Bell, Camelbak. and a ton of other stuff.
yeah, I saw that last night. REI's reasoning "mfgs should be doing something to prevent mass shootings." :banghead:

·
Registered
32,645 Posts
yeah, I saw that last night. REI's reasoning "mfgs should be doing something to prevent mass shootings." :banghead:
Yeah, Allah forbid local police or the FBI from doing something.

No loss here, I haven’t purchased anyhow my from REI in years. Hopefully Backcountry doesn’t start running their mouths. LOL

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's)
39,963 Posts
Gun owners/2A supporters are the whiniest bunch of *******s. They are the first ones to absolutely lose their **** when someone makes any attempt to "trample" their rights but they are also the first to get all bitchy and pissed when some person or company exercises their own rights if they are deemed in opposition. Such a bunch of whiny hypocrites.

·
Registered
32,645 Posts
Gun owners/2A supporters are the whiniest bunch of *******s. They are the first ones to absolutely lose their **** when someone makes any attempt to "trample" their rights but they are also the first to get all bitchy and pissed when some person or company exercises their own rights if they are deemed in opposition. Such a bunch of whiny hypocrites.
Anti-2Aers are parading around bloody kids and dumping millions into their hopes of confiscation. What a bunch of ****s.

Ummmm.... you know this goes both ways, right? Have you not seen all of the false information being vomited by SJWs, the media and every moron in the country? How do you expect a group of law abiding citizens to react when challenged in such a fashion??

Why should we support a place like Dick’s or REI? Especially Dick’s, their CEO is openly hostile to the 2A, as in Aussie style confiscation. Do you really think I should still buy my kids’ soccer equipment there?

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anti-2Aers are parading around bloody kids and dumping millions into their hopes of confiscation. What a bunch of ****s.

Ummmm.... you know this goes both ways, right? Have you not seen all of the false information being vomited by SJWs, the media and every moron in the country? How do you expect a group of law abiding citizens to react when challenged in such a fashion??

Why should we support a place like Dick’s or REI? Especially Dick’s, their CEO is openly hostile to the 2A, as in Aussie style confiscation. Do you really think I should still buy my kids’ soccer equipment there?
I shop based on price, not political leanings. I also support local businesses, so Camelbak, pfft. Platypus FTW.

Anyways... back to random gun stuff instead of this crap.

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's)
39,963 Posts

And Pro-2Aers are spewing their useless "thoughts and prayers" to the victims of mass shootings while their party doesn't do a damn thing to actually make it more difficult for crazy people to buy firearms.

But that's always the right's defense, "it's not the right time to talk about." It's never the right time for them, it's always the same game of bury your head in the sand every time there is another mass shooting. The NRA claims that background check systems don't sync-up across the country yet the Republicans they give millions of dollars to aren't doing anything to pass the legislation that would help to solve some of this. The GOP has the White House and the majority in both the house and senate yet they do nothing. Instead they kill legislation that would have helped to prevent the mentally ill from purchasing firearms.

You sit here and complain about the anti-2Aers yet your own side won't do what they can to make things better. It's always the same response, shrug your shoulders and say "oh well, the victims are in our thoughts and prayers".

It also doesn't help when the FBI doesn't do their job and follow-up on tips about potential crazies. It doesn't help that schools don't take security seriously until after there is an event like this (and no I don't mean arming teachers, that's ****ing stupid).

But at no point did I suggest that people who don't agree with Dick's policy should continue to shop there. You can buy your kid's equipment wherever you want, that's your freedom. Just like it's their freedom to not sell to guns to people under 21 and they aren't selling ARs anymore. But you have Georgia punishing Delta fuel taxes because they dropped their discount for flights to the NRA annual meeting. That is what I'm talking about.

The ****ed up thing is that neither side represents me. I'm a gun-owning liberal who doesn't have the luxury of living in a "2A vacuum" because I actually care about other social issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
****Back to topic****
Anyone had a look at the new Sig p365? I carry an M&P 9C, but a subcompact double stack thats as thin as a single stack is very tempting.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
****Back to topic****
Anyone had a look at the new Sig p365? I carry an M&P 9C, but a subcompact double stack thats as thin as a single stack is very tempting.
The P365 is certainly attractive on paper but with all of the issues being reported I wouldn’t think of carrying one until the issues have been corrected.

·
Registered
48 Posts
After reading these last 2 posts, I did a little searching and found, yes, there are some issues with it. I did read on a gun forum that it was out in stores, then recalled, and now back in stores after addressing some problems. However, its not in any of my LGS's. Bud's shows out of stock, looked on other online gun sites and didn't see it listed. Be nice to at least check one out in person.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I too want to see / hold one in person, not that I need another pistol.
I have XL sized hands, so small guns are usually a PIA to shoot.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts