VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,645 Posts
What are your plans for the AR lowers?

I picked up four stripped Aero lowers before we left... I plan on assembling two of them with my twins on our home leave in 2022.

Plans:
-M16A4 marked Aero lower will get an inspired clone job - full stock, 20" barrel, etc.
-Non-descript Aero lower will get a BRN-180 16" upper and some sort of side folding stock
-M4 marked lower will get some sort of 14.5" upper - maybe a Geiselle URG
-Other non-descript Aero lower... no clue, maybe turn it into one of those silly .22LR Han Solo blasters LOL

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
What are your plans for the AR lowers?

I picked up four stripped Aero lowers before we left... I plan on assembling two of them with my twins on our home leave in 2022.

Plans:
-M16A4 marked Aero lower will get an inspired clone job - full stock, 20" barrel, etc.
-Non-descript Aero lower will get a BRN-180 16" upper and some sort of side folding stock
-M4 marked lower will get some sort of 14.5" upper - maybe a Geiselle URG
-Other non-descript Aero lower... no clue, maybe turn it into one of those silly .22LR Han Solo blasters LOL
the FDE lower is going to probably be built to be a 24" Valkyrie; my parts list is already at $800 without barrel & BCG, not to mention optics. Ugh. Why can't I have cheap hobbies? :laugh:

the other one I'm coming up short on ideas. I'm going to have the wife build this one, so I'll suppress my desire to build it. At least, that's the current plan. I'm a patient man, but my wife isn't. ;);)

Edit: change in build.

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
We are worse off than Oct '16, or 2012 in terms of product availability. I found 9mm online for $.44/round. I usually buy at $.20/round. It's ridiculous.

I should have bought the G48 when my wife got hers. Now it's nowhere.

Ugggggh.

·
Registered
S4, B8.5, M/T, Stg3
8,201 Posts
We are worse off than Oct '16, or 2012 in terms of product availability. I found 9mm online for $.44/round. I usually buy at $.20/round. It's ridiculous.

Ugggggh.
A close friend on mine just bought a 9mm and cant find ammo, period. Local shooting range is now charging $1.50/round with a max of 40round sale per person. Few days ago there was a couple of online dealers who had limited stock at $0.50/round plus shipping, all sold out now.

Another friend of the family just asked me to sell him some of my .357 rounds, I figured to see what's available, looked at about 8 dealers and no one has stock, even reloads are gone.

A work related friend of mine bough a 380 last month, he still cant find ammo for it in Chicagoland and he tells me there are lines outside of some guns stores near him.

I'm also used to paying $0.15 to $0.20/round for 9mm, so this is nuts but then again, this year is insane: Covid > Riots/looting > Election = ammo shortage

If I only had a crystal ball, would have stocked up on ammo and made bank selling it now!

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
A close friend on mine just bought a 9mm and cant find ammo, period. Local shooting range is now charging $1.50/round with a max of 40round sale per person. Few days ago there was a couple of online dealers who had limited stock at $0.50/round plus shipping, all sold out now.

Another friend of the family just asked me to sell him some of my .357 rounds, I figured to see what's available, looked at about 8 dealers and no one has stock, even reloads are gone.

A work related friend of mine bough a 380 last month, he still cant find ammo for it in Chicagoland and he tells me there are lines outside of some guns stores near him.

I'm also used to paying $0.15 to $0.20/round for 9mm, so this is nuts but then again, this year is insane: Covid > Riots/looting > Election = ammo shortage

If I only had a crystal ball, would have stocked up on ammo and made bank selling it now!
Yup. Nasty steel-cased Wolf ammo is $500 for 1000 rounds on Ammoseek right now. It's the cheapest.

And I thought 2016 and 2012 were bad.

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,645 Posts
COVID/Insurrection/Election is a bad combo for the gun buying public.

Good luck guys... My stuff is stashed and will hopefully sit unused by my dad while I’m away. Here’s hoping everything is cool in five years when I move to Montana.

·
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Cheapest online 9mm ammo w/ free shipping is $.58/round. $200 for 500 rounds.

My wife showed me a picture of a box of 50 for $400. Don't know if that was fake or not. Probably not, sadly enough.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts