VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You may remember the last thread I made regarding my Project. In that thread, the idea was simple. One picture, per day, for 30 days, leading up to H20 2011. Suffice to say, additional ideas have come up, so the project continues, but with completion very near. And to celebrate the new year, a change: Instead of presenting the project in a very cloak-and-dagger fashion, I went in the opposite direction. Pictures have been and will be posted. Questions will be answered. I am also writing about the build, very much like a book, with multiple chapters detailing the reasoning behind each and every choice I have made. I have created a Facebook page in an effort to present the project in a more mainstream fashion.

The reasoning for writing about the build is two-fold. First, I think it is interesting to see and understand the logic behind a concept. And this concept is not merely driven by the latest internet and magazine promoted trends. Second, is to raise the bar. For too long has our humble tuning hobby been relegated to poor writing. Why can't our standards be those of the mainstream magazines; the Automobile Magazine, CAR, EVO, Excellence and Total 911 of world? Why can't our hobby be presented in similar fashion to Dennis Gage & My Classic Car? If you have ever read an article in any of rags I just listed, you know what I am on about.

The authors have an innate ability to bring you into the article, the experience. When you finish reading, you notice your smiling and jittery, eager to replicate the why-the-heck-not road trip from Michigan to Arizona, solely for the purpose of an In-N-Out Burger. Such journalistic insight and ability need not relegated to a factory Corvette Z-06. We enthusiasts have just as much gumption to hop in a newly finished Corrado Project and blast from New York to San Diego for the experience, the proof, Vegas, and the California coast. Jeff, Matt and I thank you many times over for your hospitality.

So here it is - the re-imagining of not just Corrado enthusiasts, but automotive enthusiasts as a whole. Here is the Corrado RS. Keep up.

Corrado RS on Facebook

Corrado RS Blog

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The best cars in the world are not your generic grocery getters. They aren't the Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys that run forever with barely an oil change, rarely (if ever) leaving you stranded, and lulling you to sleep on the highway. No, the best cars in the world are the ones that slap cartoonish grins on your face. They are so raw and unapologetic about their purpose that they make you bow before their race-like suspension and impractical interiors. Their sole purpose is to make driving fun...

Continue reading here.

·
Registered
1990 VW Corrado, 2002 Audi allroad, 2017 VW eGolf
7,528 Posts
I like where this is going and love the idea of quality writing on a project (even though I'm an not too good of a writer :( ). There are a few out there and it's refreshing to read through those ones in a sea of jumbled up posts that are hard to put together. I'll be following this. :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Louis, I like the way you compose your thoughts. I'll continue to read until my undiagnosed ADHD kicks in, then I'll go chase a squirrel or something :laugh:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
liked on FB :thumbup:

and refreshing to have a nice build here too.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Your wheels gonna stay on that long Casey? :p
Probably not. I'm thinking of going with something new.. I love the a9's but I really want to find a wheel with perfect et. Unless I can some how figure this rear wheel tuckin situation, the 9's will either get new lips or a new owner.

Louis, I bet we can get Rizzo to drive his sh!t box! Maybe Hubbell would be down? My little brother said he would come down in his mk4 GLI. I need some creature comforts for this ride though, like maybe hook up my ipod to some speakers haha or put a plug in fan on my dash board.

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Corrado RS, Chapter 1 - The Vision Takes Shape

Driving like a banshee is great. It's fun, it's exhilarating, it's therapeutic, it gets your senses working overtime. Channel your anger through the steering wheel of your “RS” car, and the combination of burnt fuel, crackling exhaust, and melting rubber combine to calm you better than any scented candle on the market. But it's all for naught if you begin to sweat profusely at the first sign of traffic because you binned A/C in search of a modicum of extra power. It's all for naught if you lose your two front teeth on the first road imperfection, or worse, toast your oil pan because the car's suspension is too low. Was five minutes of motoring bliss worth all those exceptions? NO.

Continue reading here

1 - 20 of 101 Posts