VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,242 Posts
Where is the new popcorn gif when you need it...

·
Registered
34,380 Posts
I see this thread going places.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
better than railing against fluoride or vaccines.
I used to get ridiculed on forums for questioning vaccines... looks like these days everyone's a conspiracy theorist.

how does anyone not already know this in 2020
Im betting you drink coffee out of a ceramic cup... is there a safe level for lead?
correlation IS causation!
This is where Lady Liberty can buy 'scientific' results for her own ends. What other explanation is there for the drop in violent crime? Drug dealers may not be killing each other as much today as the doctors have taken over for the explosion and on going opiate crises, but that kind of reduction in crime is minuscule.

Lead effects crucial decision making areas of the brain.
"The brains of adults who were exposed to lead as children show decreased volume, especially in the prefrontal cortex, on MRI."
I dont know if you regularly visit any gore websites, but the amount of violent crime in colonial states like Brazil and Colombia is quite disturbing.
"Of North American children, 7% have blood lead levels above 10 μg/dL, whereas among Central and South American children, the percentage is 33 to 34%. "
When you look at all the facts... basically lead is used to better keep people in servitude and build the empire.

@5min 30sec

From the BBC Why did we use leaded petrol for so long?
But was lead-free petrol really such an expensive luxury? True, the lead additive solved a problem: it enabled engines to use higher compression ratios, which made cars more powerful.
However, it was not the only way to solve the problem.
Ethyl alcohol had much the same effect and wouldn't mess with your head,
unless you drank it. Midgley knew this, having combined petrol with practically every imaginable substance, from iodine to camphor to melted butter.
Why did the petrol companies push tetraethyl lead instead of ethyl alcohol? Researchers who have studied the decision remain puzzled. Cynics might point out that any old farmer could distil ethyl alcohol from grain. It couldn't be patented, or its distribution profitably controlled. Tetraethyl lead could.
The US didn't tax lead in petrol until the 1970s, then finally banned it as part of clean air legislation, as the country moved down the far side of the environmental Kuznets curve.
Two decades later, in the 1990s, rates of violent crime started to go down.
By comparing the dates of clean air legislation with subsequent crime data, she concluded that more than half the drop - 56% - was because of cars switching to unleaded petrol.

Other researchers have found similar links between lead water pipes and urban homicide.
Carcinogens and Classic Car Restoration. Should we be Concerned?
Carcinogens and Classic Car Restoration |
Asbestos, Phenol, Lead and Cadmium, Bromine

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This lady, tamararubin.com bought a $30k testing device after her child was lead poisoned and as you can see on her site pretty much all ceramics contain lead. Seeing how you drink an acidic beverage, coffee, one can bet some of that lead leeches out.

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
39,866 Posts
This lady, tamararubin.com bought a $30k testing device after her child was lead poisoned and as you can see on her site pretty much all ceramics contain lead. Seeing how you drink an acidic beverage, coffee, one can bet some of that lead leeches out.
the FDA tests products regularly, and it’s very unlikely any major modern ceramic makers still use glaze containing lead. The wild card here is old kilns with a concentration of lead in them. However if you are drinking tea out of grandma’s fine China every day it may be a slightly different story. Unless you are calcium deficient I don’t think there is anything to worry about.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The FDA allows lower numbers of lead to be present... see how this company is allowed to advertise no heavy metal in their cookware but it actually has all types. What to do if you are a blogger (reseller) who has been selling Ceramcor / Xtrema with the understanding that they are metals-free... - Lead Safe Mama

·
Registered
342 Posts
The water you drink is much likely more contagious than the gaseous shavings off a lead infused frying pan. Fwiw, I feel just fine.

Reactions: elite.mafia

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
It concluded that lead kills 412,000 people a year – accounting for 18% of all US mortality, not much less than the 483,000 who perish as a result of smoking.
Its said that lead accumulates in water heaters so using hot water for cooking is the worst... its best to run your tap until its nice and cold.

The other scam is sun screen and the threat of skin cancer. People that spend lots of time in the sun actually dont get skin cancer. Only in the south do people get decent amounts of vitamin D and avoid all kinds of cancer.
To test for real vitamin D levels, one needs the serum 25 test. I use a narrow-band uvb lamp.

D is for Debacle - The Crucial Story of Vitamin D and Human Health youtube.com/watch?v=v3pK0dccQ38

Lastly vitamin K2 is the other crucial health secret... it moves calcium to where it needs to go specially when the number one killer is heart attacks and the build-up of calcium in the arteries.

·
Registered
28,923 Posts
Reactions: GermaniuM

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
This is where Lady Liberty can buy 'scientific' results for her own ends. What other explanation is there for the drop in violent crime? Drug dealers may not be killing each other as much today as the doctors have taken over for the explosion and on going opiate crises, but that kind of reduction in crime is minuscule.
And this right here is where we witness irony in full glory.

OP says we need to open our eyes to see correlation, yet closes his eyes at the same time to any other possibility. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,242 Posts
maybe if OP would stop eating lead paint chips these stupid threads would exist less.
We have the winning trifecta here: lead paint chips, ceramic cups and tin foil hats.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My money is you've known about it for a while, or at least suffering from it :p

Paging Barry, paging Barry2952 for comment.
I'll do you one better. I work in one of the largest lead smelters/refineries in the world and I'm exponentially dumber than when I started 10 years ago! Surely being exposed to lead fumes must also make me the most violent man on earth!!!

[/sarcasm]

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
My money is you've known about it for a while, or at least suffering from it :p

Paging Barry, paging Barry2952 for comment.
This girl has been doing some major restoration work and is learning to weld now... its said that lead gets into the bones and after giving birth it leeches out into breast milk. Ive read a bit of Barry's RV thread, mentioning his hands shaking... Im not a doctor but people in Flint have the same symptoms... hopefully he reads this thread to check.

18% of US deaths is due to lead?
Lead has polluted areas around major roadways and is still being thrown around when its taken off old houses. It causes all types of problems and if a major news outlet says 18% of US deaths are attributed to it, then the number is probably higher.

River dumped PCBs are still wreaking havoc on the population. I believe they made flame retardants with it which only slows down fires by less then a few minutes but also causes health problems. They even add it to children's pyjamas.
SNL Banned Episode ~ Media Controlled Conspiracy Theory Rock

And this right here is where we witness irony in full glory.
OP says we need to open our eyes to see correlation, yet closes his eyes at the same time to any other possibility. :rolleyes:
The part I bolded was asking what other possibilities could the rise and drop in violent crime be then if not the result of lead.

Interestingly I was bingeing SNL clips tonight (watch?v=q5ZaBIKhCzI) and it referenced how actresses were given arsenic to make their skin pale (womens makeup used to be made of arsenic and lead too btw) which would make them psychotic and to come them down they would be given opium.
A quick search lead me to a movie called Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) which was originally a popular play written by a guy in which
the play suggested that the elite running America had a murderous heritage.
And get this about the family in the play...
"The Brewster family of Brooklyn, New York, is descended from Mayflower settlers"
How crazy is that?
I watched the 1962 television version and it was quite entertaining.
On a side note, on top of the arsenic that they spike the wine with to kill people, crystal glass also contains lead, specially old wine bottles and the acidic wine that leeches it.

I'll do you one better. I work in one of the largest lead smelters/refineries in the world and I'm exponentially dumber than when I started 10 years ago! Surely being exposed to lead fumes must also make me the most violent man on earth!!![/sarcasm]
Being exposed as a child is the worst because the brain is still developing... but here are some screenshots I took as I was looking into the galvanized pipe I was planning on using for my stove.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Here are safe and cheap alternatives that can be found at big box store like Walmart.
*Corelle (none pattern, white only is lead free) dishes are made of glass but not their mugs which are ceramic and have little lead.

Libbey Classic Mug

21 - 40 of 59 Posts