VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,452 Posts
Finally got on board with this show and binged the first season in a few days. I'm caught up now and can't wait for more. I admittedly avoided it due to the SyFy label - I had no idea the network that churns out Sharknado movies by the dozen was capable of such an awesome space opera.

I hope this show catches on and we get at least a few more seasons out of it.

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Only got about halfway through last night's episode before my wife and I started falling asleep (been fighting the flu for the last week and a half). At one point she wondered aloud if people who don't know the books are having a hard time keeping up. Is the story making sense to you so far?

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,854 Posts
Only got about halfway through last night's episode before my wife and I started falling asleep (been fighting the flu for the last week and a half). At one point she wondered aloud if people who don't know the books are having a hard time keeping up. Is the story making sense to you so far?
It's making sense, though it's definitely a show I have to really pay attention to.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Any of you still watching? This season has been great so far, and last night's episode, "Immolation", was one of the best. Really true to the novel, IMO.

Sucks that SyFy decided not to renew for next season - hoping that Netflix or Amazon pick it up.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Yep still watching. Friggin love this show. Sounds like SyFy is saying they might keep it around now so hopefully they or someone keeps it going. Love the crowdfunded sign they flew over Amazon yesterday :D

·
Chili Bigot
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

·
Premium Member
35,854 Posts
I haven't seen the latest season yet, but I'm glad Amazon picked it up because it's very good. Also, they carry the eps on Prime after each season ends so it makes sense. I'm sure they see a streaming number big enough that they know they can support it.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
The newest season was pretty good, but you could feel them trying really hard to pull all these story lines together. The end of the season was quite good, last few moments of the last 2 episodes were enjoyable.

·
Chili Bigot
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
The newest season was pretty good, but you could feel them trying really hard to pull all these story lines together. The end of the season was quite good, last few moments of the last 2 episodes were enjoyable.
:confused:

What do you mean “end”? There’s like 4 weeks left.

·
Chili Bigot
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
LOL, you scared the **** out of me. Thought I’d missed something. :laugh:

·
Chili Bigot
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
What did you guys think of the latest season?
I think I've mentioned it in the Netflix thread, I love this show and everything about it. The latest book drops in 8 days and I can't wait to download it. My wife even bought me a Pur N Kleen graphic T for Christmas.

·
Chili Bigot
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
They actually launched early. Watched the first ep last night. :cool:

·
Premium Member
35,854 Posts
Season 4 of THE EXPANSE does not disappoint. It gets a touch Inception-y at the end but they really focused on a few different, strong, storylines with our favorite characters and did it all very well. If anyone got short shrift, it was Martian Marine badass Bobbie but her story clearly will carry into season 5. Lots of great inter-planetary geopolitics, and a really solid main storyline on one of the new planets past the ring. Highly recommend.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/14/the-expanse-season-4-review-amazon-prime-video

61 - 80 of 94 Posts