VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Season 4 of THE EXPANSE does not disappoint. It gets a touch Inception-y at the end but they really focused on a few different, strong, storylines with our favorite characters and did it all very well. If anyone got short shrift, it was Martian Marine badass Bobbie but her story clearly will carry into season 5. Lots of great inter-planetary geopolitics, and a really solid main storyline on one of the new planets past the ring. Highly recommend.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/14/the-expanse-season-4-review-amazon-prime-video
I'm really enjoying it so far -- thru Ep. 5 or 6 I think. I think Bobbie is the best character on the show (maybe tied with Amos). I've really liked what they've done with her arc this season.

p.s. Is it my imagination or is Chrisjen super-salty on this go? :eek:

p.p.s. Advanced-alien-tech-that's-also-kinda-broken-down-or-barely-works-like-it's-supposed-to is a great and under-utilized sci-fi trope.

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
W/re to Bobbie Draper's storyline (I haven't finished the season yet), it's interesting what they're doing. The book that they took this season from didn't have her in it at all. Her story arc comes from a novella that focuses on her. They've tied it into the episode and changed it so that it will dovetail into the next season (assuming this one ends like I think it will).

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Someday I think you and I are going to end up bloody.

How about now? I'm free right now.
Amos gonna Amos...

Loved it.

His arc with the RCE girl is good, too. I loved this bit:

What was that for?

Thanks for giving a ****.

(and then his reaction after that :laugh:)

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,854 Posts
Amos gonna Amos...

Loved it.

His arc with the RCE girl is good, too. I loved this bit:

What was that for?

Thanks for giving a ****.

(and then his reaction after that :laugh:)
RCE girl was also Mary Ann, one of the Letterkenny Shamrockettes. :)

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Wrapped up season 4 last night. Solid.

I think the first episodes of the season were better than the last ones, though -- not sure why. Maybe the novelty of the new setting and characters, etc.

Glad the OPA-Inaros plot thread is starting to pay off -- up until almost the end there I was wondering why it was even in the show and had kinda stopped paying attention to it.

Anyway, looking forward to S5.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Wife and I started watching last night (season 1, episode 1). A lot to unpack during the first episode but we'll definitely continue watching...
Yeah, it's got a big chess board to set up.

I think the aim point is episode 5 or maybe 6, can't remember.

Took me three tries to get to that far, but found it a lot more compelling after that.

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,399 Posts
Yeah, it's got a big chess board to set up.

I think the aim point is episode 5 or maybe 6, can't remember.

Took me three tries to get to that far, but found it a lot more compelling after that.
I'll tell that to the wife, she fell asleep during episode 3 and will have to rewatch. If I were watching alone, I'd probably be on season 2 by now :laugh:

·
Chili Bigot
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

·
Registered
8 Posts
Such a great show. Think I'm on episode 7 of the first season right now. I would have totally binged both seasons if I had the time. I have been watching about an episode a night.

·
Chili Bigot
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
So season 6 will be the last, and I think Cas Anvar (Alex Kamal) will be out due to his off-cam behavior. I wonder how they'll tie it up. There is still so much more to unpack from the books. Maybe they'll do the Serenity thing and give us a movie. :)

81 - 94 of 94 Posts