VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine and I got into a discussion about which car has the potential to be the fastest (1/4 mile, 0-60 time, whp numbers). He claims a late model Supra with just about every externalmodification done is the car that can stand above the rest in many catagories. Me being skeptical as usual, although recognizing the Supra's capabilities, thinks that there must be some other car that can obtain better numbers and power than a Supra. What first came to mind was the tri-turbocharged VR6 I've seen a few pictures of. However, I'm at a loss? any suggestions? Can anyone post the link to the tri turboed jetta?
Thanks
Drew

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: The fastest potentially? (BLK20vt)

What are the restrictions? Street cars with unopened blocks? Drag built production cars? one-off custom jobs?
-Nate
PS - I doubt three turbochargers is the best way to make a VR6 fast.

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: The fastest potentially? (SaabFan)

Sorry for this post it is going to be used to just disprove my friends theory. As for restrictions, I will retract my previous statement and say limit the comparison to Street cars with unopened blocks.
Three SMALL turbos might hold some water against a balls-to-the-wall twin turbo Supra. But like I said, I think there is something else out there that has more potential than a Supra. Another example could be an E36 M3.

G

·

Quote, originally posted by BLK20vt »
Sorry for this post it is going to be used to just disprove my friends theory. As for restrictions, I will retract my previous statement and say limit the comparison to Street cars with unopened blocks.

OK...so by your rules of the game, I can throw down the 660-hp, twin-engined Hyundai Tiburon out there. That should smoke a Supra nicely.

Modified by bgluckman at 5:32 PM 2-12-2004

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Re: The fastest potentially? (bgluckman)

everyone repeat my mantra!
"ANYTHING CHRYSLER WITH A TURBO!"
Rinse, repeat.....
Supras produce great horsepwer, but if they can't put it down, its no faster than any other highly modded Chrysler turbo.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

There are too many streetable single digit Fox body Mustangs out there to count. There are even a few 9-second 4 bangers, so imagine what's possible with a V8.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Re: The fastest potentially? (sar4497)

Quote, originally posted by sar4497 »
There are too many streetable single digit Fox body Mustangs out there to count. There are even a few 9-second 4 bangers, so imagine what's possible with a V8.

yup. before supras friggen blew up overnight the fox bodys were what i knew as the HP monsters. its definatly not just me either.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Re: The fastest potentially? (MKII GTI)

1/4 mile: Fox Body Mustangs, Turbo Regals / GN's
0-60: I would guess a sport truck since you can get a nice V8 along with 4x4... good combo
Dyno queens: full-size diesel pick-ups rule the roost here, 2500lb/ft of torque will put down some good HP numbers even at 3500RPM

·
Registered
8,077 Posts
Re: (machine1970)

Quote, originally posted by machine1970 »
skyline gt-r

How about a Ligenfelter 427 TT? I think in real life, that could take a straight six supra with a Turbo the size of it's silly rear wing.
Plus the 427 sounds pretty cool. More than just Turbo/Sewer pipe sound.
That being said, a non-rice-afied Supra with BBS LE Mans wheels and delete rear wing, no stickers is pretty mean looking. Punch it out and add a big turbo, you have quite a car.
I'd take the LPE 427 TT even if it is a bit to Jersey for most of us.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts

Koenigsegg CC http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif not the most powerful but its fast...real fast.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Re: The fastest potentially? (bgluckman)

Quote, originally posted by bgluckman »

Whoa!!! 0-60 in 3.5 sets of tires!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts