VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 864 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I look at this vehicle, my eyes glaze over and I fall asleep.

Styling-wise, this is the homeliest vehicle since the Ford Ecosport.

They’re ultra cheap and reasonably utilitarian, but I still hope it is a giant failure because having to look at this vehicle kills my soul. Ford desperately needs a new design language.

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
45,055 Posts
I don’t particularly like the styling of the Expedition either, which is why Ford needs a new design language. But it’s not this boring.
No seriously though, the Expedition is really really boring. And you should feel bad.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
it's a small pickup with nothing going on in the wheel wells. Big deal. (the 32's pictured trump everything and at that point who cares about the sheet metal) Besides:
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
42,419 Posts
R

·
Registered
48,586 Posts
Complains about boring truck, then posts pic of gray base model truck.

You think it's boring, and I think it's the coolest thing in the last several years. It's a simple no-nonsense vehicle with lots of clever ideas to make it more practical. It also could replace two of my vehicles in one shot, leaving me with no downsides because the mileage is better than my Fit.

Oh, and it appears to be a runaway success, so your hopes of it being a "giant failure" are dashed. Soundly.

I rather like the blue and the yellow, and don't even mind if it is a base model with steelies. I really like the look of it with the 32s on it, too. I wouldn't ever put those on a FWD version, but on an AWD one they'd be pretty cool... Even with steelies!

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive parking light Vehicle

There's something endearingly simple about it. Also, as alluded to above with the bigger tires pic, it's a great blank canvas... I think it looks better than the Ridgeline. And it's better than the first iteration of that "truck" with it's sloping bed sides.
I agreed wholeheartedly. It's the most honest and simple truck on the market today. It harkens back to the '80s and '90s pickups, but is thoroughly modern inside and out. I dig it.

1 - 20 of 864 Posts