VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
99,108 Posts
Every time I look at this vehicle, my eyes glaze over and I fall asleep.

Styling-wise, this is the homeliest vehicle since the Ford Ecosport.

They’re ultra cheap and reasonably utilitarian, but I still hope it is a giant failure because having to look at this vehicle kills my soul. Ford desperately needs a new design language.

I'm not really fond of that color.
But that pics just seems.. oddly bad
Oversaturated filter and pixilated upscaling?
Here is a pic from an ad on cargurus of same exact spec.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Looks way better in base BLUE imo.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
99,108 Posts
Oh I don't know. I kind of like the simplicity of the Ford. Although it is annoying that you have to move up to the XLT to get cruise control. That bumps you to 24,420. You can get the the Santa Cruz with cruise for 25,200. A negligible difference. Do you look at it as a utilitarian good mileage vehicle or want the performance and modern styling. If comfort and noise are equal I think I am in for the Ford.
That base 2.5 drivetrain in the 200 lbs heavier Tuscon is 0-60 in 9.3 seconds.
The base Hybrid Maverick is 0-60 in 7.6 seconds while getting amazing mpg.
I like the Santa Cruz, but these are quite different vehicles.
And I totally agree on the cruise control thing.
On a modern vehicle, cruise control is literally just button and the programing.
It is just dumb that such an option can't be just that- an option.
Sometimes it's just a matter of changing the steering wheel, to get CC functionality..

·
Registered
99,108 Posts
That's about the max for the vehicle itself, so don't sweat what one dealership does. I can't see any way in hell they'll sell it for $40k plus. Anyone who pays that for it deserves to be ripped off.
Autotrader is full of at msrp ads.
Some even below.
But they all have generic/cgi created pictures or no pictures.
Supply must be an issue.
Selling at msrp and undervaluing the trade in (hoping a potential customer doesn't realize what the market is like right now) would be a smarter move imo.

·
Registered
99,108 Posts
I love this. I came home for Christmas and my neighbour had one in his drive way. I'm actually very jealous that this is not offered in Europe, because it would be perfect.
Ford's hybrids never really sold well in the US, other than maybe the 1st Hybrid Escapes.
Maybe they are concerned that offering the Maverick in Euroland would cannibalize some other profitable hybrids they sell there?

·
Registered
99,108 Posts
Imagine the car market as if COVID never eff'd everything up and Ford was hitting the market with all these host new products in full inventory rollout and their usual rebates and sales competitiveness? Bronc, Lightning, Maverick... they'd be going bonkers right now.
I'd be tempted to buy a base manual Bronco.
Though they don't typically discount all new models with lots of market hype.

·
Registered
99,108 Posts
It's possible, but I am not sure what it would cannibalise. The only vehicles they sell here that is Maverick-sized are the S-Max Hybrid and Galaxy Hybrid, which are completely different buyers.
Sorry- I fixed my spelling errors (auto correct mistakes).
And it could also be supply side issue- as in Ford doesn't have the production/supply capacity to offer the Maverick in other markets yet.

·
Registered
99,108 Posts
I liked this one
[because racecar]

I think I saw something about somebody using existing parts for other vehicles to slam an early base model one last year.
googles.
Here it is:
And that shows this should be an easy to vehicle to lower once the aftermarket actually starts selling specific parts.
I think a 3"/5" lower and level with some tasteful wheels and offsets would be nice.
Something like this.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
99,108 Posts
A turd is a turd even if you sprinkle it with candy....:poop:
You really think the Maverick is a turd or is this just "extreme exaggeration in the name of comedy"?

Calling the Maverick a turd makes me question your brand bias because it has all the markings of a success in both business profits and happy customers.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts