VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8,261 Posts
perhaps we should ask some of our resident salespersons in TCL what they think?
When I left the business in 2009, the stores I had been at had didn't want anyone talking to or texting customers on their personal phones - because they wanted everything recorded/documented (to make sure salespeople weren't "writing deals" without a manager supervising). Now it's encouraged and mandatory because of the fear that short attention span customers will just call another dealer if they don't get an instant response.

· Registered
8,261 Posts
Had an opportunity to get a close look at a FWD XLT yesterday. 27k and change on the sticker. I'd personally want an AWD one, but I was shocked at how much I liked it.

· Registered
8,261 Posts
The dealer closest to my house will do a '23 order at msrp with no dealer add-ons. Nice. They have a VW store next door, but trade value for my golf wagon would be determined when the Maverick arrives. Who knows how long that is.

But I could also get what I want now, if I'm flexible on color, and pay a 5k markup. It's very possible my trade could be worth 5k less by the time a '23 gets delivered.
I got a 7k discount on the wagon when I bought it, so that added equity now offsets paying a premium, and then some. Dilemma...

· Registered
8,261 Posts
Doesn't quite deal with the dust, but one reason SUVs are so popular is that you can carry dirty gear in them with just a simple well padded cargo cover (although not sure if dust would be an issue flowing over, in our use case never has been). I have a truck, but I haul things that are often dropped off on a pallet and is loose like loose mulch and the like and needs to be dumped or that is too oversize to fit like I just moved a couch and mattress and box spring this week, but that's what an OPEN bed is for.

View attachment 206990

If I had to get a topper, I'd get one of those collapsible toppers, as that's something an SUV can't do:
Seriously? The dust getting all over the interior is a real thing. It happens when transporting saws, it happens with bags of tile mortar, it happens with bags of concrete, it happens if I'm not ridiculously careful loading drywall, it happens if I throw in a ladder that has drywall dust on the steps... Etc, etc.

What a maverick doesn't solve for me is your inane babbling about how everyone should buy an SUV.

· Registered
8,261 Posts
Funny thing happening on FB this morning. A guy in Pittsburgh is offering his xlt eco with 19k on it for the original sticker price. He's trying to be fair because that's a lot of miles in less than a year, and people are calling him a moron for not asking more :rolleyes:

· Registered
8,261 Posts
Saw that Ford is giving incentives well in excess of the msrp increase for people whose '22 orders have to get re-entered as '23s. That's nice. At least they're trying. Imagine how much they could save if they really stopped dealers from adding huge ADMs to ones they have in stock. I'd already be in one. Many people waiting would be too.

· Registered
8,261 Posts
Sold for $37,777
I could have bought one exactly the same last month for 5k over. I came to my senses and decided to wait and get a lariat at sticker instead of wasting money to have one now. Didn't like the orange in person either.

I just had to remove myself from the big Maverick Facebook group. 1000 posts over the last few weeks about when the order banks open was too much.

· Registered
8,261 Posts
That looks great.

Been seeing people on FB saying they scored trucks off the lot at msrp much more often the last few weeks. Make me want to try, but I suspect it's a part time job making phone calls and sending emails, so I don't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts