VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
921 - 940 of 1052 Posts

· Registered
49,808 Posts
As much as I would love any small bumper Maverick, they were pretty much disposable junk back then.
Oh, I have an affinity for old, small economy cars and rather like the old Maverick, but you absolutely nailed it. It absolutely was a disposable car with a much shorter lifespan than any car nowadays.

· Registered
22,914 Posts
Now you are just trying too hard.
I just did a search on Ford Maverick on google and stopped looking after 13 pages with no mention of the 70s penalty box.
Did you just search "Ford Maverick" Now why would an owner of a Ford Maverick search just that? lol

If I need to fix something or look up something on my Corvette I just mash CORVETTE into google and cross my fingers for the result.

They should of just named it Ford F-050!

· Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
41,904 Posts
Spotted one on Sparco's today. I appreciate the extra effort/style/expense on that winter tire & wheel combo.

· Registered
99,780 Posts
Like most similar vintage Fords - the front shock towers are why they were forgotten cars.
It's like the high coil spring suspensions were designed for inline engines only.
V engines barely fit - now let's put some headers on it!
This is why Fords of this era were forgotten (not later built up as hotrods).
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Car Auto part

That Maverick in the video must have a completely redone front end to get a Coyote engine in it.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Personal luxury car Auto part

· Registered
49,808 Posts
Not a bad article, if it only glosses over each vehicle, but the big takeaway is this: "more bang for their buck than a box of firecrackers on July 5th". I'll try to remember that one. :)

· Registered
99,780 Posts
I guess they could have called it the Ford Courier.
But just like the maverick.. the people that remember that name in the US are now old and the Courier truck was never anything more than a rebadged Mazda truck.
Though they did make the Fiesta Courier in some market much later and they were excellent.
In Brazil they even had their own racing series.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive design

921 - 940 of 1052 Posts